The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Anyone have a good ASA 3 man handout/powerpoint? (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/53422-anyone-have-good-asa-3-man-handout-powerpoint.html)

wadeintothem Fri May 29, 2009 09:53am

Anyone have a good ASA 3 man handout/powerpoint?

I'm looking for a good ASA 3 man handout or power point. Word Doc or PPT is fine.

I have the cactus umpire stuff, I'm looking for the ASA equiv. to what Emily has on her site for the NCAA umps.

If you can help it would be appeciated. I'll have you email it to me if you have one.

Thanks!

ronald Fri May 29, 2009 10:33am

I'd appreciate one too.

Wade, are you going somewhere June 9-14?

wadeintothem Fri May 29, 2009 10:40am

No, not that I'm immediately aware of.

I am assigned to an 18G NQ Jun 26-28 and may end up going to another (SoCal) as well.. thats the only big things I know of b4 nats.

SRW Fri May 29, 2009 11:01am

Wade I may have something in the car. I'll check at lunch.

NCASAUmp Fri May 29, 2009 11:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRW (Post 605459)
Wade I may have something in the car. I'll check at lunch.

Feel free to post it here. There are many inquiring minds!

marvin Fri May 29, 2009 04:29pm

A Basic Three Umpire Mechanic Handout for ASA from Cactus Umpires in PDF format.

ronald Fri May 29, 2009 05:21pm

I believe that is NCAA material.

wadeintothem Fri May 29, 2009 05:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronald (Post 605545)

Seems like there may be a few subtle differences than ASA but who knows; nonetheless, I do already have Cactus stuff - I was hoping for perhaps some PPT or hand out put together for specific ASA purpose.

marvin Fri May 29, 2009 07:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronald (Post 605545)

The link is from the ASA section of their web site. The Cactus Umpires has sections for NFHS, NCAA, and ASA.

ronald Fri May 29, 2009 08:39pm

I agree Marvin but the give away is what the PU does on some hits. Goes to in front of the pitcher's circle. Never heard of that in ASA. Pony does it though.

outathm Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:35pm

PONY only covers FP in the manual and so they(we) use NCAA mechanics for 3 indicator system.

wadeintothem Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:09am

So far only NCAA has anything comprehensive concerning the 3 man system. It can be pieced together from that and whats in the umpire manual. i was hoping for a clinicians version; such is life though!

Skahtboi Tue Jun 02, 2009 08:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by outathm (Post 606121)
PONY only covers FP in the manual and so they(we) use NCAA mechanics for 3 indicator system.

So...if I have three indicators on me, does that mean that I can work a one man system? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadeintothem (Post 606137)
So far only NCAA has anything comprehensive concerning the 3 man system. It can be pieced together from that and whats in the umpire manual. i was hoping for a clinicians version; such is life though!

We are all looking to you to create this, so that you can share it with all of us! :cool:

wadeintothem Tue Jun 02, 2009 09:39am

Wouldnt be the first time I created something for the game.. so you just might be right Shak. Maybe I do need to make it!