The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Social Media Invasion (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/51772-social-media-invasion.html)

NCASAUmp Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:08pm

Social Media Invasion

Anyone else on things like facebook, twitter, etc.? I'm on facebook, and there are a few umpiring groups I've joined there...

Who's with me?

trojans2545 Fri Feb 20, 2009 02:24am

Im on facebook as well, though not in any groups for umpiring

NCASAUmp Fri Feb 20, 2009 08:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by trojans2545 (Post 581420)
Im on facebook as well, though not in any groups for umpiring

Well, I'm on a few of the umpiring groups on there. I don't think they're as active as this board, but interesting nonetheless.

Skahtboi Fri Feb 20, 2009 09:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCASAUmp (Post 581377)
Anyone else on things like facebook, twitter, etc.? I'm on facebook, and there are a few umpiring groups I've joined there...

Who's with me?

I am on myspace, have been for a while. I have been considering starting a facebook page. Haven't gotten the urge to be so connected that twitter has any appeal for me.

argodad Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCASAUmp (Post 581377)

Who's with me?

I'm on Facebook (mainly to see pics of my new granddaughter). How do you find / join umpire groups?

NCASAUmp Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by argodad (Post 581487)
I'm on Facebook (mainly to see pics of my new granddaughter). How do you find / join umpire groups?

At the top, click on "Home."

On the right, click on "Groups."

Next to "Search for groups," enter a search term such as "ASA Umpire" or "Softball umpire" and hit enter.

The next page will show you all the matches. If you want to join a group, just click on "Join Group."

That's it. :)

I just created the North Carolina ASA Umpires group, if anyone's interested.

Andy Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:29am

I'm on facebook...I will have to check out some groups.....

Welpe Sun Feb 22, 2009 09:16pm

I am on Facebook as well.

NCASAUmp Fri Jun 19, 2009 05:52pm

Funny, but not too long ago, ASA created an account on Twitter and Facebook.

Their Twitter account is here:
ASAUSA Softball (ASAUSASoftball) on Twitter

Their Facebook account is here:
ASA Softball | Facebook

Well, their Twitter account had its first post on Jan 20, but they didn't really gain prominence for a while.

It's good to see that they're making headway into the 21st Century!

NCASAUmp Fri Jun 19, 2009 05:57pm

And speaking of which, this was one of the pictures posted on Facebook. Anyone know the poor ump who took this shot to the mask?

vcblue Fri Jun 19, 2009 06:15pm

I have Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Myspace accounts. But I'm a Headhunter so I use them to find people.

bkbjones Sat Jun 20, 2009 02:18am

I know that some of you check it out, some of you have joined, the SMSUA Training page on Facebook. I think the shot of Malcolm Boyles taking one in the ol' mask is on there. There are many others, including wonderful shot of moi, SRW and others.

3afan Sat Jun 20, 2009 06:36am

i'm on none of those ........

NCASAUmp Sat Jun 20, 2009 07:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkbjones (Post 609955)
I know that some of you check it out, some of you have joined, the SMSUA Training page on Facebook. I think the shot of Malcolm Boyles taking one in the ol' mask is on there. There are many others, including wonderful shot of moi, SRW and others.

I'm already there, brother!

Steve M Sun Jun 21, 2009 06:29pm

I'm not there, but that may be coming in the near future.