The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   2009 ASA Umpire Exam (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/50734-2009-asa-umpire-exam.html)

SRW Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:19pm

2009 ASA Umpire Exam

It's now posted on the ASA website here.

NCASAUmp Tue Jan 06, 2009 01:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRW (Post 565165)
It's now posted on the ASA website here.

And the answers are posted...? ;)

whiskers_ump Tue Jan 06, 2009 01:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCASAUmp (Post 565199)
And the answers are posted...? ;)

In the Rule Book. Well, suppose to be.:p

NYBLUE Tue Jan 06, 2009 04:35pm

If someone takes the test and is confident they scored well, it'd be nice of them to share their answers here on the forum. :D

IRISHMAFIA Tue Jan 06, 2009 06:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYBLUE (Post 565340)
If someone takes the test and is confident they scored well, it'd be nice of them to share their answers here on the forum. :D

Why? Too lazy or too......;)

SergioJ Wed Jan 07, 2009 09:19am

Great! Now if I could just get a rule book. Won't get one til our clinic, which won't be til the end of February.

IRISHMAFIA Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergioJ (Post 565542)
Great! Now if I could just get a rule book. Won't get one til our clinic, which won't be til the end of February.

Well, you can get one the first weekend in February in OKC. :rolleyes:

SergioJ Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 565598)
Well, you can get one the first weekend in February in OKC. :rolleyes:

Yes, if I was going. Unfortunately, due to skinny wallet this year, will not be able to attend. Will miss everybody.

Serg

whiskers_ump Wed Jan 07, 2009 01:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergioJ (Post 565542)

Take the changes from ASA website print and use the old
bood.

IRISHMAFIA Wed Jan 07, 2009 02:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergioJ (Post 565641)
Yes, if I was going. Unfortunately, due to skinny wallet this year, will not be able to attend. Will miss everybody.

Serg

Man, there goes the quota. Who is going to be our designated interpreter in the banquet room? Sonny will never be able to get a cup of coffee now.

SergioJ Fri Jan 09, 2009 09:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 565740)
Man, there goes the quota. Who is going to be our designated interpreter in the banquet room? Sonny will never be able to get a cup of coffee now.

That's probably a good thing for Sonny! Heard he's still going to the bathroom from "all" the coffee he drank. :)

And yes, I am very disappointed that I will have to miss it this year. Unfortunately, my tin cup didn't have enough pennies!

IRISHMAFIA Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergioJ (Post 566494)
That's probably a good thing for Sonny! Heard he's still going to the bathroom from "all" the coffee he drank. :)

And yes, I am very disappointed that I will have to miss it this year. Unfortunately, my tin cup didn't have enough pennies!

Would it help if we put a fence around OKC with a tunnel to the Biltmore?

It's a joke, people!

Skahtboi Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:51am

YouTube - rimshot

Steve M Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergioJ (Post 566494)

Be sure to remind Sonny to take the key - wouldn't want to get locked in a bathroom.:D

SRW Mon Jan 12, 2009 05:40pm

Mistake on 2009 Exam - Question #31

An email from K.Ryan sent today:

There has been a mistake found on the 2009 exam. W.S. [name changed to initials by SRW] caught it and sent it to me. We will post something on the web so all will know but it will be in February’s plays and clarifications. The question is number 31. The answer listed as the correct answer is letter D which is incorrect. None of the answers are totally correct. The question involves an Illegal player and the answer listed as the correct answer is for an unreported substitute. The problem is they used to have the same penalty. Since the penalty for the unreported substitute has changed because of the rule change they are no longer disqualified and when found entered into the game. An Illegal Player is still disqualified and that is what the answer should have said. The question can be discarded when the test is taken, or however you want to handle it. I apologies for the incorrect answer and will look closer next time to make sure the test is totally correct. I appreciate your understanding.