The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 06, 2002, 09:14am
Official Forum Member

FP tournament game noticed coach did not know new rule that subs could reenter like starters. After game game I told coach that subs had 1 reentry like starters. Coach says "Well Blue I have been reading rule book but I guess I haven't got to that part yet." Just smiled and walked on.
Old Mon May 06, 2002, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

I've got a coach like that in my league. His heart is in the right place, but his coaching skills just aren't there. When you tell him something his usual response is "Oh - I didn't realize that." If his team was a little better, I might actually enjoy doing his games. It's not that they're that bad now, just lots of walks & errors. He doesn't argue about anything that I call.

I think the coach that I tossed last year has the best handle on the game. Knows most of the basics, agrees with my reluctance to call overly high strikes, actually helped me get out of 2 very long innings (sent a runner early - told me to watch the bases).

Both these teams played eachother Saturday night - fun game (in spite of the blow-out). Kids were having a genuinely good time - unlike Friday night.

-Kono