The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Should this be a "softball" site? (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/47475-should-softball-site.html)

socalumps Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:22pm

Should this be a "softball" site?

Or should it be a NFHS-ASA site??

I just noticed a lack of interest in most things other!!

Including the most visable event in the world... does it require an extra effort?? Extra credit??

Dutch Alex Mon Aug 18, 2008 02:32am

May I ask what site you're referring to? Or do you actually mean the forum on officiating.com?
Altough most USSSSSSSSSSSA-umpires don't get any credit here, my experience (as an ESF-umpire) is that people do listen to what I have to say. And gife me also feedback. A lot of Olympic games are talked about and (of course) the umpires over there are cursed (if they make mistakes)... It's he most visable event in the world!
I'm very proud that I can say that I've worked many times with the dutch Olympic umpire. I know he's a great umpire, far better than I am. But compair him with one from the USA, Canada or Australia and he's a nobody..

Skahtboi Mon Aug 18, 2008 08:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalumps

Including the most visable event in the world... does it require an extra effort?? Extra credit??

I am really not sure what you are getting at either. There have been several threads on the Olympics this past week. Every year the WCWS spawns several threads.

We often have threads that discuss rules from an NCAA or Canadian perspective. There are also a lot of USSSA threads. We even have rule threads that discuss Babe Ruth, Little League, Dixie...etc.

So what, exactly, is your beef?

Skahtboi Mon Aug 18, 2008 08:21am

Just a cursory glace of the front page shows at least six Olympic based threads, one USSSA, two LLWS (one softball and one baseball). Sounds like there is a lot more than ASA/NFHS being discussed here.

NCASAUmp Mon Aug 18, 2008 08:33am

Well, let's not deny that ASA and NFHS are two of the biggest rule associations in the US. Couple that with the fact that a lot of umpires take a while to get "up to speed," and you're bound to have questions. :)

Dakota Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalumps

:confused: :confused: :confused:

What the heck are you talking about?

IRISHMAFIA Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:36am

How silly of me. I thought it WAS a softball site for umpires! :eek:

Look, the site is open and all are welcome for intelligent discussion.

I know that there are many more people who lurk and never post. Cannot force people to take part in something if they don't feel inclined to do so.

wadeintothem Mon Aug 18, 2008 07:30pm

Did anyone catch the game at 354 am?

Yeah, me either.

End of convo.

Skahtboi Mon Aug 18, 2008 07:35pm

:confused: :eek: :D :rolleyes:

SethPDX Tue Aug 19, 2008 02:58pm

Should it be a softball site?

Well, at the top of the forum it says, "Softball."

Just calling what I see.;)

DNTXUM P Tue Aug 19, 2008 08:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SethPDX

Just calling what I see.;)

Well, when I tell coaches that, they say that seems to be the problem. Then they make some suggestions that might help me to see better

IRISHMAFIA Tue Aug 19, 2008 08:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNTXUM P
Well, when I tell coaches that, they say that seems to be the problem. Then they make some suggestions that might help me to see better

Really? I can see any better with my head up there. I wonder why they say that?:D