The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Little League Instant Replay (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/46797-little-league-instant-replay.html)

bigsig Wed Jul 30, 2008 09:13am

Little League Instant Replay

Here we go:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...ant-Replay.php

Dakota Wed Jul 30, 2008 09:23am

Pay the TV piper...

Skahtboi Wed Jul 30, 2008 09:39am

Did we not learn from Pandora not to open the darn box???

NCASAUmp Wed Jul 30, 2008 09:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skahtboi
Did we not learn from Pandora not to open the darn box???

But it's such nice and shiny new technology... Must... open... can't... resist...

Welpe Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
But it's such nice and shiny new technology... Must... open... can't... resist...

Hey you work in IT too, so you know how technology can fix every problem. Especially in business. :rolleyes:

IRISHMAFIA Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe
Hey you work in IT too, so you know how technology can fix every problem. Especially in business. :rolleyes:

If that were so, there would be no need for half the ITs in this world.:D

Dakota Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
If that were so, there would be no need for half the ITs in this world.:D

IT departments are like this entire situation. Cause a problem, and then propose more of the same to fix it. :D

Kind of like government, too, now that I think about it.

LL would not have this issue at all without the ESPN TV cameras at multiple angles with repeated slow motion replays.

So the solution? MORE TV cameras at multiple angles with repeated slow motion replays. :rolleyes:

Welpe Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
IT departments are like this entire situation. Cause a problem, and then propose more of the same to fix it.

Sometimes that is true, other times it is misuse of IT or the false belief that IT will solve all of the problems that is the issue. Usually this belief is perpetuated not by IT but by management or somebody in procurement that bought the next great software toy.

NCASAUmp Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:02pm

Quote:

Sometimes that is true, other times it is misuse of IT or the false belief that IT will solve all of the problems that is the issue. Usually this belief is perpetuated not by IT but by management or somebody in procurement that bought the next great software toy.

Yeah... The irony is that they never consult us before entering a huge purchasing agreement. :mad:

CecilOne Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsig

They should at least have the calling umpire make the final choice.

Dakota Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:15pm

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah... The irony is that they never consult us before entering a huge purchasing agreement. :mad:

Sorry, guys, the IT line was a joke.... I left off the smilie... fixed that.

NCASAUmp Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
Sorry, guys, the IT line was a joke.... I left off the smilie... fixed that.

Nah, you're not far off the mark. ;)

Welpe Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:20pm

Quote:

"But the guy in sales said/promised that..." :rolleyes:

Tom, no sweat. I try not to get defensive but it is hard sometimes not too. There is plenty of ineptitude in the IT function as well. :D

NCASAUmp Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:32pm

Quote:

"But the guy in sales said/promised that..." :rolleyes:

Tom, no sweat. I try not to get defensive but it is hard sometimes not too. There is plenty of ineptitude in the IT function as well. :D

If I had a nickel for every time I heard a sales guy say THAT one!

bigsig Wed Jul 30, 2008 02:25pm

Quote:

If I had a nickel for every time I heard a sales guy say THAT one!

Or a customer who just claimed they did!