The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 10, 2002, 09:54pm
Official Forum Member

I hope that I can make this short. First game last nite, visiting team shows up with
just 9 members. In the 1st inning visitors [team A] go down 1-2-3. Home batting
[team B] First 4 batters are hit with pitch. 1-0. Pitcher manages to wild pitch all the
remaining BaseR's in. 4-0. Inning finally ends 8-0. Team A again goes in order. Bottom
2nd two walks, a HBP and then another run by wild pitch. Now 9-0. Team B gets score to
14-0 with 2 outs 2 on and we have several pass balls, but he is holding the runners. He
sends R3 early and I call the out. Top of 3rd Team A finally manages to get a runner
you guessed it--HBP. Next three batters go routinely and we go to the bottom of 3rd
at 14-0. Coach has team bunting swinging at wild pitches and anything to not get the 15th
and game ending run. Base get loaded only 1 out couple of wild pitches to the batter, no
advancementl. Team A coach calls time and asks me loudly enough for coach on 3rd {team B]
to hear, "blue, if two of my players get ejected, this game is over, right". Laughingly, I said,
"That is correct coach". You cannot continue with just 7. Team B coach
gets the message and does allow run #15 to cross the plate.
Really not sure what home team coach wanted to accomplish, just know I hate games like that!

glen
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.
Old Wed Apr 10, 2002, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Glen

Dont you hate games like that!!!

I think I stole your good games mode tonight I did my first fast-pitch league game. 14u N league I was the BU in a very good game 0-0 through 5 then visiting team score 3 in the top of the 6th with 2 outs as time runs out game finished 3-0. A few bangers at 1st and a couple more at 3rd with no fusses and the coaches behaved themselves all night long. Wouldnt life be boring if they all went this smooth

Have a good one

Don
Old Thu Apr 11, 2002, 07:14am
Official Forum Member

Don,

I'm impressed that you got to start with the 14 Nationals.

Are you interested in calling 12U in Irving this weekend?

Gary
Old Thu Apr 11, 2002, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by whiskers_ump
I hope that I can make this short. First game last nite, visiting team shows up with
just 9 members. In the 1st inning visitors [team A] go down 1-2-3. Home batting
[team B] First 4 batters are hit with pitch. 1-0. Pitcher manages to wild pitch all the
remaining BaseR's in. 4-0. Inning finally ends 8-0. Team A again goes in order. Bottom
2nd two walks, a HBP and then another run by wild pitch. Now 9-0. Team B gets score to
14-0 with 2 outs 2 on and we have several pass balls, but he is holding the runners. He
sends R3 early and I call the out. Top of 3rd Team A finally manages to get a runner
you guessed it--HBP. Next three batters go routinely and we go to the bottom of 3rd
at 14-0. Coach has team bunting swinging at wild pitches and anything to not get the 15th
and game ending run. Base get loaded only 1 out couple of wild pitches to the batter, no
advancementl. Team A coach calls time and asks me loudly enough for coach on 3rd {team B]
to hear, "blue, if two of my players get ejected, this game is over, right". Laughingly, I said,
"That is correct coach". You cannot continue with just 7. Team B coach
gets the message and does allow run #15 to cross the plate.
Really not sure what home team coach wanted to accomplish, just know I hate games like that!

glen
Wow! I think I'll stick with ASA's short-handed rule, though.

Old Thu Apr 11, 2002, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Gary

I kinda got bump over to the nationals last night because Larry & David were running late from their high-school game so I moved over there and just stayed on when the others showed up

I appreciate the offer in Irving this week but I have already committed Sat & Sun doing SP in Plano. I've got 6 straight Sat on rain make-ups which ought to be a lots of fun.

If Harley says anything important tonight at the meeting if you go to it PLEASE let me know. Hopefully I will see you out in Garland next week

Don
Old Thu Apr 11, 2002, 09:56pm
Official Forum Member

Don,

You didn't miss anything of importance - just be sure to initial the schedule in the equipment room when you call a league game.

Did you lose a pair of sunglasses at the tournament? I think the Oakleys found in another blue's bag are yours. If they are, ask Glen - he's holding them for you.

Gary
Old Fri Apr 12, 2002, 07:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ntxblue
Don,

You didn't miss anything of importance - just be sure to initial the schedule in the equipment room when you call a league game.

Did you lose a pair of sunglasses at the tournament? I think the Oakleys found in another blue's bag are yours. If they are, ask Glen - he's holding them for you.

Gary
The name in bold and underlined in your post, I will bet
that is a good ole
boy.

glen
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.
Old Fri Apr 12, 2002, 09:17am
Official Forum Member

Glen,

He IS a good ole boy! The two of you would get along great. Why don't you plan on coming up my way and you can call tournaments here?