The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Some weekend (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/45075-some-weekend.html)

CecilOne Tue Jun 03, 2008 01:46pm

Some weekend

Second pitch of game, gets the back of my right hand. Swells up to a golf ball in seconds, so three games with ice pack taped to my hand. Still sore.

Second game, batter interference (hit with batted ball) and catcher obstruction in the same inning. Same week unusual, but same inning??
Both games, terrible catcher complaining endlessly about lack of batter box lines, spectators whining about strike zone, UIC chasing coaches from behind backstop. Strike zone looked fine to him.

Third game scheduled at 11:15 with 80 minute time limit, starts Saturday at 11:30, ends Sunday at 9:08 after third try (lightning, rain, wet fields).
Next to last (third) game on Sunday, now down to 70 minute limit, goes 1 hour 56 minutes with two innings of ITB.

Did I mention, all but one game 10&U? OK, I'm finished griping. Least enjoyable tournament in years, but I'm there every year, next year, too.

NYBLUE Tue Jun 03, 2008 01:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne
Second pitch of game, gets the back of my right hand. Swells up to a golf ball in seconds, so three games with ice pack taped to my hand.

How did you signal the count?

CecilOne Tue Jun 03, 2008 01:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYBLUE
How did you signal the count?

Balls - left hand, strikes - right hand. ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.
It was taped to the back of my hand, mostly below the fingers, plus louder than usual. Thanks. :)

A funny part, in second game a pitch knocked the ice pack (layered zippered sandwich bags) open and the catcher couldn't figure out where the water came from.

NYBLUE Tue Jun 03, 2008 02:06pm

Quote:

Balls - left hand, strikes - right hand. ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.
It was taped to the back of my hand, mostly below the fingers, plus louder than usual. Thanks. :)

A funny part, in second game a pitch knocked the ice pack (layered zippered sandwich bags) open and the catcher couldn't figure out where the water came from.

I guess you've never been informed that ice is a magnet to yellow cowhide. :D

Man, you took quite the beating over the weekend.

MichaelVA2000 Tue Jun 03, 2008 02:39pm

Quote:

You could have given F2 a good news bad news senario. Good news, nobody saw how the wetness got there. Bad news, you have to wait until the games over to finish up in the latrine.:eek:

CecilOne Tue Jun 03, 2008 04:02pm

:o
Quote:

Originally Posted by NYBLUE
I guess you've never been informed that ice is a magnet to yellow cowhide. :D

Man, you took quite the beating over the weekend.

Good thing 10&U don't throw at 50 mph, cause I didn't mention frequently proving the value of shinguards covering the knee, steel shoes, etc.

Never mind, I said I would stop griping.