The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 08:22pm
Official Forum Member

So I got myself some NB450's

After all the hoopla, I had to get some. I'm wearing them the first time, and like was said, they are tight so maybe I should have gotten them bigger. I'm trying to determine if I will return them or not. Very good looking shoe though, but I don't have that "sneaker" feel everyone raved about, I bought the same size as my spotbilts, and I dont see a weight difference.. if they arent heavier.

I got them from lesters and they were very quick to respond to the couple of emails I sent pre order. I'm sure if I decide to return them, they will take care of it no problems.

Gotta figure out what to do, maybe just "break em in" or maybe try another size. This is the problem with online ordering though...
Old Mon Apr 14, 2008, 08:32pm
Official Forum Member

I like the NB 450s. They're heavy, but seem lighter when you wear them (if that makes sense).

I got mine at http://www.refshop.com/ for $89.95.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 08:24am
Official Forum Member

So do you sharpie black out the white N on the side and the little white stripes on the tread, or do you leave it as-is?
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 08:39am
Official Forum Member

Smile

I got the 450's this year as well. I have used them twice now. The first game they were a little stiff, especially around the ankles, but they felt good for the second night. I really like them. I did order mine 1/2 size larger than my normal size. I polished the "N" and the "other stuff", then touched it up with a sharpie. I'll probably keep a sharpie in the equipment bag for touch ups. I have been told, by guys on this board, that after several polishings it should cover eventually.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW
So do you sharpie black out the white N on the side and the little white stripes on the tread, or do you leave it as-is?
Mine are as-is. At least for now.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Mich. Blue
I got the 450's this year as well. I have used them twice now. The first game they were a little stiff, especially around the ankles, but they felt good for the second night. I really like them. I did order mine 1/2 size larger than my normal size. I polished the "N" and the "other stuff", then touched it up with a sharpie. I'll probably keep a sharpie in the equipment bag for touch ups. I have been told, by guys on this board, that after several polishings it should cover eventually.
Personally, I don't want to work that hard. Until New Balance figures out that they should market the plate shoes the way they do most field shoes, with a black N, then I won't be buying them.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 09:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW
Actually, its not white. Its gray and its cloth (something I didnt know looking at the pics). I will likely sharpie it out. I will probably return this pair though. I'm going to call them and talk to them about sizing. The threads I wont worry about. The shoe is very sharp looking.

Last edited by wadeintothem; Tue Apr 15, 2008 at 09:46am.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to charliej47 Send a message via MSN to charliej47 Send a message via Yahoo to charliej47
Talking

I have the 450s and the 350s and like both of them. I ordered 1/2 size larger and got the E width. I just use Honor Guard on them and a damp cloth. The N is slowly changing color.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 10:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
After all the hoopla, I had to get some. I'm wearing them the first time, and like was said, they are tight so maybe I should have gotten them bigger. I'm trying to determine if I will return them or not. Very good looking shoe though, but I don't have that "sneaker" feel everyone raved about, I bought the same size as my spotbilts, and I dont see a weight difference.. if they arent heavier.

I got them from lesters and they were very quick to respond to the couple of emails I sent pre order. I'm sure if I decide to return them, they will take care of it no problems.

Gotta figure out what to do, maybe just "break em in" or maybe try another size. This is the problem with online ordering though...
The NB 450's will break in easy. I got the 450's and NB 350 base shoes in July of 2006 and have not had a drop of polish on them and they continue to look brand new. I use a spray bottle with water and soft cloth for cleaning.

Wade....if you like the NB450's you will probably like the NB350's also.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
...The shoe is very sharp looking.
To each his own, but I wouldn't exactly describe a shoe with 3 or 4 huge rivets visible as "sharp looking."
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
To each his own, but I wouldn't exactly describe a shoe with 3 or 4 huge rivets visible as "sharp looking."

They have those in addition to the white/really light grey "N" logo?? Wow. Now I might have to reconsider my stance on these shoes.

Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi
They have those in addition to the white/really light grey "N" logo?? Wow. Now I might have to reconsider my stance on these shoes.
I assume this is the shoe they are talking about:

Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi
I am holding out for patent leather.

*just kidding, for those of you scoring at home. Incidentally, I got spotbilts because I am too lazy to spend that much time with a sharpie on a shoe. the white spots are just about gone...and they feel just fine.
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
I assume this is the shoe they are talking about:

That would be the critter.

Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbjones
I am holding out for patent leather.
Sadly, I know people who still wear those. The other day one of the ones who had his patent leather belt and shoes on was asking me how to get started in college ball. My response to him was "get rid of those, first." Don't think he much cared for that response, but I went on to explain the official NCAA UIP stance on patent leather, and the reasoning.