The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   JUCO Double Header (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/42743-juco-double-header.html)

whiskers_ump Sat Mar 15, 2008 04:43pm

JUCO Double Header

Did a double header today for Lamar PA/Texarakana in less than 3 hours.
1st game 7 innings 7-0 [Tex]. Second game 14-1 [Tex]. Faster double
header for college I have ever been involved in. 88 degrees.

Skahtboi Sat Mar 15, 2008 05:18pm

Great weather. I am envious of you for that.

I had a double header 3 or 4 years ago at Univeristy of Dallas that was just a little faster than that. Fastest I have ever had the pleasure of working. The guy I was working with had the plate for the first game, and got his in in 1:06. We were blown away. 1-0 game. He had one inning where he got 5 outs on 5 straight pitches. We were talking as we were changing for the second game, knowing that there was no way we could keep that pace up. We were right. My game took 1:20. We were both relieved, as this was just the opposite of yours weather wise. Cold and blustery.

whiskers_ump Sat Mar 15, 2008 05:59pm

Saw where your area was suppose to get some nasty stuff.

You and Your partner did have a fast one. They are rare.

MichaelVA2000 Sat Mar 15, 2008 06:00pm

March 2 did a double header between Shenandoah University and Penn State in 1:55. I had the plate for game one. Score was SU 9 PSU 0, game time 45 minutes. My partner finished up behind the plate at 1:10 minutes in game two. Final score SU 12 PSU 0.

As we're heading away from the field, fans arriving for game two asked us when game two would start. My partner responded we were done with both games. The fans kept heading for the field, guess they thought he was kidding.

Not a bad day, first pitch coming across the plate at 2:00 PM and done with both games by 4:15 PM.

WestMichBlue Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:25pm

Varsity DH between two of top teams in state a few years ago. Girls ran onto the field, one pitch, let's go! Ran off field, first batter had bat and helmet and ready to go. Little less than 2:30 including 15 min food break.

Both games had several hits, base runners, 4 - 6 total runs scored. No walks; pitchers put the ball over the plate and batters either struck out or put the ball in play in 3 - 4 pitches. Never seen anything close since.

WMB

argodad Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:09am

My fastest college DH was yesterday. University of North Alabama Lions versus Pittsburg State (KS) Gorillas. I thought it was going to be a zoo. :rolleyes: (OK, bad pun.)

Lions 7, Gorillas 0 in the opener and Lions 2, Gorillas 1 in the second. Finished in 2:50 with a relaxing 15 minutes in between. :cool:

bigblue68 Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:47pm

They let you call a UNA game ARGO dad? Ha, just messing with you... I love the GSC!

argodad Wed Mar 19, 2008 08:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblue68
They let you call a UNA game ARGO dad? Ha, just messing with you... I love the GSC!

Yeah ... the Argodad name is about ten years old and I don't want to change it. I even get to call UWF games now.