The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Bad news. (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/41284-bad-news.html)

Skahtboi Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:24am

Bad news.

Well folks, here it is, another season upon us. And I am not happy. I have been medically sidelined for at least the first two months of the season, and possibly for good, according to my doctor. However, I am determined to face this adversity, and be back on the field before anyone even knows I am gone. (Well...maybe not quite that soon.) Wish me luck!

greymule Wed Jan 23, 2008 04:49pm

Good luck.

AtlUmpSteve Wed Jan 23, 2008 05:43pm

Scott who??:D :D :D

Seriously, I hope it works out for you, and you come back healthier than ever!!

DNTXUM P Wed Jan 23, 2008 09:33pm

Scott,

I was wondering why you hadn't been showing up at the college association meetings. I hope you can get everything fixed and working like new and be on the field soon.

Larry

Scooby Thu Jan 24, 2008 09:01am

Good Luck

NCASAUmp Thu Jan 24, 2008 09:42am

Get strong, man. Hope it works out for you. Never leave a fallen umpire behind!

Skahtboi Thu Jan 24, 2008 09:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNTXUM P
Scott,

I was wondering why you hadn't been showing up at the college association meetings. I hope you can get everything fixed and working like new and be on the field soon.

Larry

Yeah. I had emailed Kevin to let him know, and of course Terry as well. I have asked them both to keep me up to date with things like when we can actually take the NCAA test...etc. Thanks to all for the well wishes. I will continue to read the boards to keep myself in shape mentally.

bkbjones Thu Jan 24, 2008 02:02pm

Scott,
I hope all goes well for you. Get well and get back out there. :D

MichaelVA2000 Thu Jan 24, 2008 02:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skahtboi
Well folks, here it is, another season upon us. And I am not happy. I have been medically sidelined for at least the first two months of the season, and possibly for good, according to my doctor. However, I am determined to face this adversity, and be back on the field before anyone even knows I am gone. (Well...maybe not quite that soon.) Wish me luck!

That daily hangover is no excuse not to be on the ball field! Seriously though, keep the positive attitude. My prayers are with you.

whiskers_ump Thu Jan 24, 2008 02:55pm

Quote:

Best of Luck,

I just started my series of shots in the spine to fix three upper disc.

DNTXUM P Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:13pm

Scott,

I talked to Terry today. He kind of filled me in. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. You can begin taking the NCAA test on Feb 1. They had it online, then pulled it off becase it wasn't supposed to be up yet.

Take care.

Larry

Skahtboi Fri Jan 25, 2008 09:28am

Thanks Larry. See you soon (fingers crossed, knocking on wood...etc) on the ballfields.

Steve M Sat Jan 26, 2008 04:11pm

Quote:

Good luck, man. Here's hoping that whatever this is clears up.

Skahtboi Mon Jan 28, 2008 09:09am

It is neurological in nature, I am scheduled to have tests done repeatedly over the next couple of weeks, beginning tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishing. I do remain optimistic, though.