The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Ran into Mike last weekend (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/36940-ran-into-mike-last-weekend.html)

Steve M Thu Jul 26, 2007 06:58pm

Ran into Mike last weekend

I ran into Mike last weekend – I was umpiring down in his area. Good tournament, but six games in a day is more than I like to do. It was good to see you, Mike.
This was an 18&U showcase, so we spent some time with some of the coaches we’ve known – and some that we didn’t know too well. Beautiful area & fields, but they’ve got some of the biggest damm bees/wasps I’ve ever seen – those things were intimidating.

IRISHMAFIA Thu Jul 26, 2007 08:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve M
I ran into Mike last weekend – I was umpiring down in his area. Good tournament, but six games in a day is more than I like to do. It was good to see you, Mike.
This was an 18&U showcase, so we spent some time with some of the coaches we’ve known – and some that we didn’t know too well. Beautiful area & fields, but they’ve got some of the biggest damm bees/wasps I’ve ever seen – those things were intimidating.

They get that big because the players a slobs and leave the complex looking like a garbage dump every night. Gives the pests a smorgasborg. You should see the size of some of the varmints that come out of the woods!!

DeRef Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:33pm

Which field?

Quote:

Which facility and field were you at?

Steve M Fri Jul 27, 2007 05:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeRef
Which facility and field were you at?

There were a number of fields & sites being used. I was at the Delcastle complex, just south of Wilmington.

NCASAUmp Fri Jul 27, 2007 07:05am

Quote:

I ran into Mike last weekend

Did it hurt? :cool:

CecilOne Fri Jul 27, 2007 08:59am

Quote:

There were a number of fields & sites being used. I was at the Delcastle complex, just south of Wilmington.

Wish I had known. :( I was at the nearby Midway complex.

Steve M Fri Jul 27, 2007 09:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne
Wish I had known. :( I was at the nearby Midway complex.

I did some games Sunday at Midway, then headed back here.

azbigdawg Fri Jul 27, 2007 09:44am

Mike = overrated....He was wrong 1 1/2 times this year.......slacker....:cool:

IRISHMAFIA Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by azbigdawg
Mike = overrated....He was wrong 1 1/2 times this year.......slacker....:cool:

How could I have been wrong when the national staff used the same reasoning as I? :D

Actually I was disappointed I didn't get the opportunity to get out to Midway on Sunday.

Steve M Fri Jul 27, 2007 01:25pm

Cecil - Was that Fletcher Kinne's green van I saw when I was leaving Midway Sunday? I took a quick look when I dropped off the game balls, but did not see him.

CecilOne Fri Jul 27, 2007 02:39pm

Quote:

Cecil - Was that Fletcher Kinne's green van I saw when I was leaving Midway Sunday? I took a quick look when I dropped off the game balls, but did not see him.

Don't know him. I was on field 2, 8:00, 11:00, 12:30 (actually about 1:00).
I hope you weren't on field 1 holding us up. ;)

Steve M Fri Jul 27, 2007 03:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne
Don't know him. I was on field 2, 8:00, 11:00, 12:30 (actually about 1:00).
I hope you weren't on field 1 holding us up. ;)

OK, he's from around Annapolis - I think. And I think he used to be Md's state uic.
I was on Field 4 - way, way in the back. I don't think our games held anyone up - they moved along pretty well.

MD Longhorn Fri Jul 27, 2007 03:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
Did it hurt? :cool:

More importantly, was it ruled obstruction, interference, or train wreck?

IRISHMAFIA Fri Jul 27, 2007 03:43pm

Quote:

Unless Fletch was following a MD team for some reason, I don't think he would be around Midway, or New Castle County, for that matter.

NCASAUmp Fri Jul 27, 2007 03:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcrowder
More importantly, was it ruled obstruction, interference, or train wreck?

My co-worker just gave me a funny look for nearly choking on my drink!