The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Lbr (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/35596-lbr.html)

kblump Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:26pm

Lbr

I believe this is an easy one, but it created quite a stir, so I'll ask. 12U game, Fed rule set, bases loaded no outs, B4 gets solid hit up the middle to center field. R1 and R2 score easily. R3 rounds 3rd but stops about 1/3 of the way as the ball comes to F2. R3 turns and starts back to 3rd and F2 throws to F1 who is halfway between the plate and the circle. Just after F1 enters the circle, R3 stops and immediatley advances to home. F1 makes a play but not in time. I believe it does not matter which way R3 is moving when the pitcher enters the circle as long as once she stops she immediately advances or returns. So I have no call. Did I get this right?

mcrowder Tue Jun 12, 2007 01:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kblump
I believe this is an easy one, but it created quite a stir, so I'll ask. 12U game, Fed rule set, bases loaded no outs, B4 gets solid hit up the middle to center field. R1 and R2 score easily. R3 rounds 3rd but stops about 1/3 of the way as the ball comes to F2. R3 turns and starts back to 3rd and F2 throws to F1 who is halfway between the plate and the circle. Just after F1 enters the circle, R3 stops and immediatley advances to home. F1 makes a play but not in time. I believe it does not matter which way R3 is moving when the pitcher enters the circle as long as once she stops she immediately advances or returns. So I have no call. Did I get this right?

No call, and for the reason you mentioned.

Dakota Tue Jun 12, 2007 01:10pm

Quote:

... Did I get this right?

Yup. :) ...

CecilOne Tue Jun 12, 2007 02:17pm

Quote:

R3 rounds 3rd but stops about 1/3 of the way as the ball comes to F2. R3 turns and starts back to 3rd and F2 throws to F1 who is halfway between the plate and the circle. Just after F1 enters the circle, R3 stops and immediatley advances to home.

I believe it does not matter which way R3 is moving when the pitcher enters the circle as long as once she stops she immediately advances or returns.

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! :cool: :) :)

bellnier Tue Jun 12, 2007 02:47pm

I've seen this a couple of times...where the pitcher sees the runner turn towards 3B and, as a result, sort of casually wanders back to the pitcher's plate...good for runner, shame on pitcher, if she scores from there.

Skahtboi Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne
YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! :cool: :) :)

Is this supposed to be a Lil Jon imitation or something???

bellnier Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:25am

...or Howard Dean

Dakota Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellnier
...or Howard Dean

I was thinking the same thing! The only front-runner for his party's presidential nomination to ever torpedo his own campaign with a primal scream! :p

IRISHMAFIA Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
I was thinking the same thing! The only front-runner for his party's presidential nomination to ever torpedo his own campaign with a primal scream! :p

And here I thought it was Hillary. I was just waiting to see who's name she screamed afterwards.