The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 05:56am
Official Forum Member

Post What firewall is better to install?

My firewall that comes with my windows xp slows down my computer. What will be a better one firewall I can download and use for free?
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmiller
My firewall that comes with my windows xp slows down my computer. What will be a better one firewall I can download and use for free?
Anyone firewall which will keep such questions off a softball board
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 09:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmiller
Lets see, I have a software question. I wonder where the best place to find an answer would be? Of course, I'll join an officiating forum and ask those guys...... The light does not burn brightly

I wonder where Willmiller would go if he had a softball question?
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

I'll give him this... he has set the record for the most OT post in recent memory!

I was initially suspicious this was the first of a multi-post SPAM, where "another" poster comes along and answers his "question" with what amounts to an ad for the better firewall, but he doesn't seem to have spammed the other boards...
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
I will attempt to terminate this topic with a techie alternative

http://www.komando.com
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

He has the option of several forums that deal with operating systems, printers, high-speed internet, Windows glitches, software compatibility, Microsoft programs, etc.

For umpire mechanics, I have also found extremely useful a forum on archeological digs in the Middle East: www.archeology.com/MiddleEast/ancientsportsandgames/softball/officials/positioning
Old Sun Jan 21, 2007, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greymule

He has the option of several forums that deal with operating systems, printers, high-speed internet, Windows glitches, software compatibility, Microsoft programs, etc.

For umpire mechanics, I have also found extremely useful a forum on archeological digs in the Middle East: http://www.archeology.com/MiddleEast...ls/positioning
Old Sun Jan 21, 2007, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

He snuck a link into his post which eventually goes to a server that says

"We regret to inform you that ActiveFreeHost free hosting service has is now closed (as of September 18). We have been online for over two and half years, but have recently decided to take time for software improvement to fight with server abuse, Spam advertisement and fraud. New account signup is suspended, if you are looking for a affordable and reliable hosting, Hostgator is one of the options. For the existing 20237 FREE accounts opened in ActiveFreeHost we will continue to keep your account, but no content changes until the further notice. For any ActiveFreeHost user involved in Blog Spam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_spam) or any activities against our Terms, please use the email [email protected] for report abuse. I do appreciate the efforts made by volunteers in ActiveFreeHost and Peter Green at Rima Hosting for his instant support."

Very strange...

Wonder what this ones up to. Sometimes the spam bots keep on ticking ...