The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Proof Positive, New Jersey is run by idiots (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/29000-proof-positive-new-jersey-run-idiots.html)

IRISHMAFIA Fri Oct 20, 2006 03:50pm

Proof Positive, New Jersey is run by idiots

http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/...ger?nnj&coll=1

Andy Fri Oct 20, 2006 04:17pm

This is completely ridiculous.......

However, it is an election year, and the politicians are probably afraid to vote against it for fear of being seen as not concerned about the safety of children!

It's not about the issues....it's about getting re-elected!

Dakota Fri Oct 20, 2006 05:06pm

Aren't these the same people who raise all manner of hysteria about big bad government taking away our liberties because the CIA listens in on phone calls between terrorists in order to prosecute a war?

I guess it is OK to actually take away freedom from ordinary citizens for a feel-good but ineffective effort to protect little Johnny, but not OK to listen in on terrorist plots to protect the entire nation.

Go figure.

fastpitch Fri Oct 20, 2006 07:37pm

Two of our local parks' league rec rules mandate the use of a heart guard and face shield for pitchers in 10U - not a bad idea.

Do we need to start carrying the legislated bat list too? Will those red light cameras start shooting paint balls soon? Do I need to wear a helmet in addition to my seat belt?

wadeintothem Fri Oct 20, 2006 07:51pm

lame

real lame

IRISHMAFIA Fri Oct 20, 2006 08:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy
This is completely ridiculous.......

However, it is an election year, and the politicians are probably afraid to vote against it for fear of being seen as not concerned about the safety of children!

It's not about the issues....it's about getting re-elected!

Did you notice the 4-2 vote was along party lines.

I say screw them, who are they going to arrest, the 12 yo batter?

These people are dangerous to the country and should be eliminated from ever holding any public office for the sake of the sanctity of the republic of the United States of America

wadeintothem Fri Oct 20, 2006 09:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Did you notice the 4-2 vote was along party lines.

I screw them, who are they going to arrest, the 12 yo batter?

These people are dangerous to the country and should be eliminated from ever holding any public office for the sake of the sanctity of the republic of the United States of America

you got that right.

LLPA13UmpDan Fri Oct 20, 2006 09:56pm

Oh now thats stupid, even thought i live in PA, come on. :mad: Wood bats are more dangerous then metal ones. So does that mean if you use a metal bat in a youth league, its not only against league rules, but state law??? :eek: What gives the govt such a right. Bahh. If this is the direction this country is going im going to Canada :D

CecilOne Sat Oct 21, 2006 08:43am

And the proponent's willingness to exclude softball points out:
- he is just trying to make a fuss
- he knows nothing about softball
- he doesn't think softball matters (not manly enough), part of the boys sports vs. girls sports problem
- he backs down when someone else know more than he does

CecilOne Sat Oct 21, 2006 08:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLPA13UmpDan
Oh now thats stupid, even thought i live in PA, come on. :mad: Wood bats are more dangerous then metal ones. So does that mean if you use a metal bat in a youth league, its not only against league rules, but state law??? :eek: What gives the govt such a right. Bahh. If this is the direction this country is going im going to Canada :D

It's a good thing George Washington and friends didn't try to solve a problem by running away

Dakota Sat Oct 21, 2006 09:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLPA13UmpDan
If this is the direction this country is going im going to Canada :D

Sure, you'll find less government involvement in your everyday life there. Sure. You betcha.

tcblue13 Sun Oct 22, 2006 01:54pm

Wade,
Did you lose the "say" or simply misplace it?

wadeintothem Sun Oct 22, 2006 02:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcblue13
Wade,
Did you lose the "say" or simply misplace it?

maybe the grammermammarian stole it.

tcblue13 Sun Oct 22, 2006 02:27pm

That would be intentional interference

bigsig Sun Oct 22, 2006 05:13pm

Just herd on this evenings news that NYC is now considering the same legislation!