The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Something else to do in the "northern" off season! (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/28944-something-else-do-northern-off-season.html)

JefferMC Tue Nov 28, 2006 01:06pm

Another pool?

Dakota seems to be closing on 4K now... (Posts: 3,942)

I'll take a stab at 12/23/2006.

Skahtboi Tue Nov 28, 2006 02:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JefferMC
Dakota seems to be closing on 4K now... (Posts: 3,942)

I'll take a stab at 12/23/2006.

Nah. 12/30/06.

Dakota Tue Nov 28, 2006 02:46pm

If I seem to be taking too long for you guys, somebody could just post something about constitutional interpretations or libertarianism to get me going... ;)

wadeintothem Tue Nov 28, 2006 03:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
If I seem to be taking too long for you guys, somebody could just post something about constitutional interpretations or libertarianism to get me going... ;)

The "libertarian world" is so vile and filthy that it is by far the most unrealistic and ignorant of all political persuasions. The "I have a dream speech" for Libertarians would go something like thus:
"I have a dream today. A dream where crack houses, whore houses, and schools would all legally coexhist on the same street". I have a dream that one day all Drugs would be on the market without regulation. Let the market determine whether a drug will kill your sick child or not! I have a dream today of that freedom!"

Hows that?

Dakota Tue Nov 28, 2006 05:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadeintothem
The "libertarian world" is so vile and filthy that it is by far the most unrealistic and ignorant of all political persuasions. The "I have a dream speech" for Libertarians would go something like thus:
"I have a dream today. A dream where crack houses, whore houses, and schools would all legally coexhist on the same street". I have a dream that one day all Drugs would be on the market without regulation. Let the market determine whether a drug will kill your sick child or not! I have a dream today of that freedom!"

Hows that?

I didn't say I was a (capital "L") Libertarian, but I do lean that way with respect to the proper role of the federal government. State and local government is another matter (or used to be before the 14th amendmend made us all one big happy overpowering government...).

The states and locales do have a proper role in exercising their police powers, including regulating public nuisances and laws regarding public safety. However, even that is being abused by the anti-smoking, anti-alcohol, and anti-fat nazis.

How's that? :cool:

CecilOne Tue Nov 28, 2006 05:22pm

Tom's last 56 posts took 32 days, off-season I guess. Factoring in holidays and a couple of horses finally dying, I'll extrapolate that to 35 days. That works out to Jan 2, which I'll pick.

wadeintothem Tue Nov 28, 2006 08:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
I didn't say I was a (capital "L") Libertarian, but I do lean that way with respect to the proper role of the federal government. State and local government is another matter (or used to be before the 14th amendmend made us all one big happy overpowering government...).

The states and locales do have a proper role in exercising their police powers, including regulating public nuisances and laws regarding public safety. However, even that is being abused by the anti-smoking, anti-alcohol, and anti-fat nazis.

How's that? :cool:

Crap, I was hoping you were one of them "Disband the FDA cuz its not in the constitution" "if the market demands a red light district next to the elementary school who are we to regulate?" libertarians.

We probably agree on more than we disagree then, since you have a brain, unlike hard core libertarians/anarchists so unfortunately I cannot provide for you the post whoring opportunities you need. :D

Dakota Tue Nov 28, 2006 09:18pm

As you said, crap! (Increasing the post count on the cheap....) ;)

IRISHMAFIA Wed Nov 29, 2006 07:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadeintothem

Hows that?

You're dream is realized! Such a place already exists.

It's called Washington, DC.

PABlue Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:26am

:( I have decided today that I do WAY to much READING of these discussions and WAY to little time POSTING!:eek: I guess most of the time some of the discussions are just way to much flaming of other posters. I just try to sift through everything thats been said and try to pick up some solid knowledge.
:D Now I'm only 4,945 some odd posts behind irish!:D ;)

Dakota Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:10pm

Hey, if you consider what we do here "flaming", you must consider the baseball board to be a freakin' inferno! ;)

PABlue Thu Nov 30, 2006 01:38pm

:D That's exactly right Dakota! LOL I wasn't speaking of the softball board in particular when I said about flaming.I was commenting on the forums in general how stupid they can get. I belong to ABUA and NFHS also and I can't get over how stupid some people can get. I will say that the baseball board seems to be the worst.:rolleyes: I don't look at all the boards here just the ones for my sports which are baseball,softball and wrestling so maybe somewhere else is worse.
I just want to let you guys know how great I think this place is!Like I said I don't post much but I READ everything trying to learn anything I can.

Skahtboi Thu Nov 30, 2006 01:56pm

I was gonna say, here on the softball board there is nothing remotely near flaming. Even when we disagree, we tend to do it with style.

PABlue Thu Nov 30, 2006 03:20pm

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Skahtboi Wed Jan 03, 2007 01:12pm

Okay...it is time to post something about constitutional interpretations or libertarianism to get Tom busy posting!!! He hasn't made 4K yet!!!! :D