The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Get Well, bkbjones! (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/27724-get-well-bkbjones.html)

SRW Tue Aug 08, 2006 05:00pm

Get Well, bkbjones!

Bkbjones / John was admitted into the hospital yesterday with chest pains. He is scheduled to undergo heart by-pass surgery today.

John was instrumental in the background of the 16-A National this last week in Seattle. He was part of the glue that held the tournament together.

Thoughts go out to him, and wishes for a speedy recovery.

CecilOne Tue Aug 08, 2006 08:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRW
Bkbjones / John was admitted into the hospital yesterday with chest pains. He is scheduled to undergo heart by-pass surgery today. .

Thoughts go out to him, and wishes for a speedy recovery.

ditto twice

tcblue13 Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:56pm

3x vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

JEL Wed Aug 09, 2006 08:04am

And another.

SRW,

Keep us posted on his progress.

Andy Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:32am

Add my thoughts and prayers.....

SRW Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:12pm

Progress!

John is doing quite well after his 3 or 4 way bypass yesterday at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue. He is and will be in CCU (Coronary Care Unit) for at least one more day. He is up and moving around (exercising) and starting a regime of a healthy diet. Once he is moved to a regular room, he can have other visitors (only family at this time). He should be there for an additional 3-5 days.

If you want his address to send him a card, shoot me a message (thru my profile) and I'll send it to you.

The hospital has an online message system that you can send a quick email to the patient, and it will be delivered to him within 24 hours. Just go here and fill out the form. His name is John Brooks.

SRW Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:45am

From SpySoftball.com :

John Brooks, very popular figure in Seattle area softball, and a key to the success of the recent 16U Nationals, has been hospitalized and he underwent quadruple bypass surgery Tuesday morning. His wife said he is doing ok and may be able to take visitors in a couple of days. We wish you well, John.

whiskers_ump Thu Aug 10, 2006 02:52pm

Here's hoping for a successful and speedy recover....Thoughts and prayers are with you.

SRW Mon Aug 14, 2006 09:55am

Good News! John is now home from the hospital, he was released around 6:00 Saturday evening.

hitdawg23 Tue Aug 15, 2006 04:57am

Get Well

Continue To Get WELL!!!!

wadeintothem Tue Aug 15, 2006 07:54am

Get well brother.

Ed Maeder Sun Aug 20, 2006 08:36pm

Have not been on line lately. Hope all is still going well with John. Thanks for every thing at the 16 A tournament John, but more importantly get well so we can see each other the next time. Thanks for the information SRW.

bkbjones Sun Aug 20, 2006 08:47pm

Thank you all

Finally able to get back down here and get ont he puter for a little bit.

Thank you all for your kind words online and through e-mails to me at the hospital from a bunch of folks, and e-mails to me at my regular e-mail address. A couple regulars on here went above and beyond and found out my home address and even phone number. I appreciate it all, and appreciate every one of you.

I'll be out for a while, obviously. Heck, I'm sore from just typing and will be off here soon. Thanks to you all. I'm not out of the woods, of course. Still have a long ways to go. But, hey, school ball starts back in March and who knows...

Steve M Mon Aug 21, 2006 03:03pm

Good to see you back, John.

whiskers_ump Mon Aug 21, 2006 05:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkbjones
Finally able to get back down here and get ont he puter for a little bit.

Thank you all for your kind words online and through e-mails to me at the hospital from a bunch of folks, and e-mails to me at my regular e-mail address. A couple regulars on here went above and beyond and found out my home address and even phone number. I appreciate it all, and appreciate every one of you.

I'll be out for a while, obviously. Heck, I'm sore from just typing and will be off here soon. Thanks to you all. I'm not out of the woods, of course. Still have a long ways to go. But, hey, school ball starts back in March and who knows...

John,

Take it slow and easy....I have been there twice....Ease back into things.

Good to have you back....

glen