The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   2006 ASA National Tournament (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/27137-2006-asa-national-tournament.html)

buddha69 Tue Jun 20, 2006 09:32pm

2006 ASA National Tournament

Is anybody here going to call any ASA National Tournaments this year?

I just got told today that I'll be going to call my ASA 1st National @ Columbus, GA on Labor Day weekend (Hooters Championship Series Mens Class B Slow Pitch).:D

Jel / Polly - you two going or what????

JEL Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha69
Is anybody here going to call any ASA National Tournaments this year?

I just got told today that I'll be going to call my ASA 1st National @ Columbus, GA on Labor Day weekend (Hooters Championship Series Mens Class B Slow Pitch).:D

Jel / Polly - you two going or what????

Nope, nothing yet, still hoping on some FP but it would hafta be out of state. Think there are a couple close, I believe Auburn is hosting 14B, and may be a 10U around Birmingham. Been working GRPA rec playoffs though.

You'll enjoy Columbus, hafta take Don, and Kinnard with a "grain of salt" but they know their stuff!

Our oldest daughter is getting married the end of July, I was told I can't miss that for ball! After the wedding, I do plan on going to watch some.

Stop in and vist, we are about 40 minutes north of where you will be/ Congrats on the selection.

azbigdawg Wed Jun 21, 2006 02:38am

18A Western FP (Phoenix)
16" Major SP (Chicago)
ump coordinator for the Co-ed Major (Phoenix)

and my wife tells me I spend too much time on softball..what does she know?:D

VaASAump Wed Jun 21, 2006 05:35am

18-U Gold in Oklahoma City

Anybody else here going there?

Serg

CelticNHBlue Wed Jun 21, 2006 08:04am

I'll see you in OK City, Serg. Looking forward to a fun week in the heat...

DaveASA/FED Wed Jun 21, 2006 08:52am

16A Northern (Jasper, IN)

SRW Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:23am

16a

16U-A here in sunny Seattle. My first national...:)

IRISHMAFIA Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticNHBlue
I'll see you in OK City, Serg. Looking forward to a fun week in the heat...

Yeah, you guys may have it tough. Last Sept., they let the umpires use the Media room instead of that small little "cabin" down the RF line. I would assume with the games being televised, that area will be reserved for, well, the media.

bkbjones Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:42am

I'll be the assistant tournament director for the 16 A National here in Seattle...wondering where the heck SRW and his partner are because Field 2 is running behind :eek:

Should be a heckuva tournament. Jim Craig is UIC, and with the umpires I already know that are coming will have a heckuva crew. We're expecting around 110 or more teams.

SRW Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkbjones
...wondering where the heck SRW and his partner are because Field 2 is running behind

It won't be due to me, guaranteed... besides, I'll be on field 3. :D

tcblue13 Wed Jun 21, 2006 01:47pm

I envy you guys who are still working.
My season ended when HS and LL seasons ended.

buddha69 Wed Jun 21, 2006 09:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEL
Nope, nothing yet, still hoping on some FP but it would hafta be out of state. Think there are a couple close, I believe Auburn is hosting 14B, and may be a 10U around Birmingham. Been working GRPA rec playoffs though.

You'll enjoy Columbus, hafta take Don, and Kinnard with a "grain of salt" but they know their stuff!

Our oldest daughter is getting married the end of July, I was told I can't miss that for ball! After the wedding, I do plan on going to watch some.

Stop in and vist, we are about 40 minutes north of where you will be/ Congrats on the selection.

I has hoping to do some FP, but I got selected to SP ha ha. Yeah you can miss the wedding, Congrads on the being a father-n-law.:D . Tell the Miss I said "Hi!"

I'll have to stop by...

cgaumpire Thu Jun 22, 2006 01:23am

Men's Class B FP
Killeen, TX
Third national, but first Men's, any advice?

goldcoastump Thu Jun 22, 2006 08:27am

"Shoot Low they're squating down" as my grandpa used to say.

heyblue Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:41am

I was selected to do the Women's A, B, C Nationals at Broken Arrow, Oklahoma in August.

Yes, I'm already hydrating myself for then cause if this spring is any indication, it'll be a scorcher!!