The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 09:02am
Official Forum Member

The joys of softball in Texas!

Yesterday, I had one varsity game scheduled for a 5:00 pm start. Temperature at gametime, 98 degrees! Plenty of fluids required and lots of sweating done under the equipment for so early in the year. Ah...springtime in Texas. You never know what you are going to get. Thirty degrees and freezing one minute, frying in the heat the next.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

Our first week out (also in N. Texas), I worked 2 games on Friday night and caught a cold. Windy, drizzly, and about 45 degrees. The very next day I got a sunburn so bad I peeled. Hot, stagnant, and still.
Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to coachsara Send a message via Yahoo to coachsara
As your neighbor...93 degrees here in Central Arkansas. These 5pm games feel like mid July instead of mid April. Wasn't it just 3 weeks ago we were wearing layers just to stay warm??

Oh and by the way...I guess I have an enemy at the park. This is a picture of my windshield as I found it last night leaving the park. The police officer found the rock that caused it. It was thrown so hard that it penetrated and there was glass all in my car. Now if we could only prove it was the coach that I'm fairly certain that did it. The sad thing is I haven't even called his team's games this year. Some of these "role model" youth coaches just can't let go. Its pathetic.

In the meantime its costing me $300 today for a new windshield.

http://photos.yahoo.com/ser120476
Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachsara
Oh and by the way...I guess I have an enemy at the park. This is a picture of my windshield as I found it last night leaving the park. The police officer found the rock that caused it. It was thrown so hard that it penetrated and there was glass all in my car. Now if we could only prove it was the coach that I'm fairly certain that did it. The sad thing is I haven't even called his team's games this year. Some of these "role model" youth coaches just can't let go. Its pathetic.

In the meantime its costing me $300 today for a new windshield.

http://photos.yahoo.com/ser120476
That's freakin' crazy!!! Were there absolutely no witnesses, or do you know yet?

Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Nope...

No witnesses or at least no one that will admit to it. I just hope its not an indication of what is to come.
Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
No witnesses or at least no one that will admit to it. I just hope its not an indication of what is to come.
Offer a reward. That may turn up some witnesses.

Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

That is unbelievable

I've peeved a couple of people here and there and even got close to being tossed in one game as a coach but I cannot imagine this. Maybe the FED ought to give us an option for liability insurance against our calls.

Softball in the Bible
"In the big-inning"

Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

Wink Well...

If I'd actually blown some call in the state championship or something like that I guess he could be mad. (not mad enough to warrant this however)

As said before, I haven't even called his team's games this year. One incidence in fall ball where he didn't agree with my out call and this 20 year old punk tries to get in my face. When I quickly put him back in his place it was like instant despise for me. I wasn't trying to show him up however his actions warranted serious scolding.

He is one of those "good ole boys" that we have in the South (believe it or not we do have those here in Arkansas). His family has been a part of running the park for years although in recent years has cut back to just coaching. The family is respected by some but disgusted by others. Its like since its so and so then we will overlook their behavior.

Oh well. The windshield guy just left. I have a brand new one now. At least the repair boy was nice to look at...
Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Oh well. The windshield guy just left. I have a brand new one now. At least the repair boy was nice to look at...
Well...I can see that you have your priorities!

Old Tue Apr 18, 2006, 06:08pm
Official Forum Member

Friday Tournament this year in Feb. it was 85% when I got dressed for the plate game at 4:30pm. When I got dressed for the 9pm game the same evening it was in the 40's with a 30+mph wind. You gotta love it

Don

P.S. I've still been reading pretty much daily just hadnt posted much lately