The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   2 games - 3 cup shots (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/25782-2-games-3-cup-shots.html)

wadeintothem Mon Mar 27, 2006 07:43pm

2 games - 3 cup shots

well this seasons off to a fine start - 2 games both behind the plate and 3 times hit in the cup.

i'll never understand the umpires who dont wear a cup.

I think my cup is a ball magnet.

err or something..

ASA/NYSSOBLUE Mon Mar 27, 2006 08:15pm

are you ready for the Vienna Boys Choir yet?? :p :eek:

SWFLguy Mon Mar 27, 2006 09:36pm

ouch !!!!
I got blasted in the left shoulder by
the first warm-up pitch in a recent JV game !!
It's obvious that the catcher is the "catcher"
because they can't catch !!

SRW Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:48am

Was working a 16A semi-final in this past weekend's tournament as the PU. Took a foul ball square in the mask - hard enough to knock it off. It stunned me so bad, I didn't realize that the mask was knocked off until I looked down and saw it on the ground at my feet. Had to take a minute to regain my bearings on that one...

mcrowder Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:09pm

First pitch, first game this year - hit right on the end of my left ring finger, pinched by the indiclickcounter. Could NOT stop the bleeding. Didn't hurt, but was rather annoying.

bkbjones Tue Mar 28, 2006 05:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadeintothem
well this seasons off to a fine start - 2 games both behind the plate and 3 times hit in the cup.

err or something..

You should probably at least light a candle and beg someone somewhere (your deity of choice) for forgiveness.

I just hope for your sake there was no bruising. Swelling is another matter.

Duke Tue Mar 28, 2006 06:23pm

I look forward to the opportunity to take a shot. My first game, a DIII, is not until a week from Wed. It has been a long winter. Good news is all the snow is gone and it is now approaching 50 degrees. With my luck it will be in the 30's next week.

I was in Tampa, FLA last week, about a mile from USF. I got up on Sat morning to find 3 softball teams staying at the same hotel. They were participating in the Speedline Tourney. That got the juices flowing. If I thought my wife would not have made me walk back to Maine I would have gone to the tourney and skipped the wedding.

JFA67 Tue Mar 28, 2006 08:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadeintothem

err or something..

You are one unlucky guy. Took a cup shot once, got pinched by the cup. :eek:
NOT fun!

I can't understand guys who refuse to wear the proper equipment and hide behind the catcher. Had a guy who refused to wear anything other than a mask and cup! We called him the hidden matador. He would hide behind the catcher and bail out on everthing even close to wild. Foul ball off the collar bone leaves pretty purple bruise w/seams. :(

outathm Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:31pm

cup shot

Saturday and Monday, both days with the same partner. I got the dreaded cup shot. I have already told him that I am never working with him again. Today I was hit on the hand and couldn't use my indicator for three innings.

I must love this game because I sure don't like the pain.:rolleyes:

Bluefoot Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:15pm

All of the above (excluding cup shots) hands, shoulders, mask, etc., are exactly why I decided to purchase a hockey goalie helmet, and old baloon style chest protector. Yes, I may sure look different out there from any other PU, but I think my hands, arms, shoulders will be better off. We'll see...

wadeintothem Fri Mar 31, 2006 01:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluefoot
All of the above (excluding cup shots) hands, shoulders, mask, etc., are exactly why I decided to purchase a hockey goalie helmet, and old baloon style chest protector. Yes, I may sure look different out there from any other PU, but I think my hands, arms, shoulders will be better off. We'll see...

lol

If that dont work you can always just wear a suit of armor.