The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   First game today (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/25588-first-game-today.html)

5 sport ref Sat Mar 18, 2006 09:25am

Just getting ready to head out to my first high school game of the season. Will be nippy with high temps forecasted for about 40. Hopefully the sun will stay out for both games of the doubleheader. Not lucky like you guys in the sunshine belt. The next 10 days show highs 35-40. Just nice to get back to calling softball.

SC Ump Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:46pm

Have had three weeks of the season already. Had a big tournament today and got a little red with sunburn. With wind chill ( :) ) the temp today was 65ยบ.

And yes, it is nice to get back to calling softball.

ASA/NYSSOBLUE Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:03am

My first isn't until next Saturday - and will have the hot bath waiting for me when I get home! ;)

whiskers_ump Sun Mar 19, 2006 01:41am

Things going strong here...Have already had over 50 NFHS
games. Had district
game tonight. 3 man crew. Scrimmages, tournaments all over now. Down to
head knocking to see what teams will survive for the playoffs. In between
working travel tournaments and some college ball.

5 sport ref Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:49am

Turns out the games I had got cancelled. When my partner and I got there we were told by the head coach that the hard sun moved some frost out of the ground and the field was soft and they were working on it. We were assured that the game would start nearer to 12 than 11, no problem for us. The visiting coach got torked off and said there was no way his team would wait until almost noon to play. He took his team, loaded their bus and left! We will still get a full game pay for showing up. Too bad, it turned out to be a nice day with warm sun all day.

CecilOne Sun Mar 19, 2006 04:29pm

definition of DMC

Quote:

Originally posted by 5 sport ref
Turns out the games I had got cancelled. When my partner and I got there we were told by the head coach that the hard sun moved some frost out of the ground and the field was soft and they were working on it. We were assured that the game would start nearer to 12 than 11, no problem for us. The visiting coach got torked off and said there was no way his team would wait until almost noon to play. He took his team, loaded their bus and left! We will still get a full game pay for showing up. Too bad, it turned out to be a nice day with warm sun all day.

Skahtboi Mon Mar 20, 2006 09:44am

Quote:

Originally posted by whiskers_ump
Had district game tonight. 3 man crew.
I am envious. You have schools that pay to have their district games covered by three umpires? How nice!

MA Softball Ump Wed Mar 22, 2006 04:23pm

What is it?

:confused: "DMC" ???

AtlUmpSteve Wed Mar 22, 2006 05:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MA Softball Ump
:confused:

"DMC" ???

Dumb move, coach.

shipwreck Thu Mar 23, 2006 09:27am

No games in my neck of the woods in Nebraska. We received anywhere from 9 - 30" of snow. Need some powerful sun rays to get rid of it. Dave