The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Hi, just finished the exam, open book it was kinda intense. Would like to check my answers if anyone has the answer sheet, would really appreciate it. I am going to give the exam to my other umpires that I help out.

thanks
kaye
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

You are just now finishing the 2005 ASA Umpire Exam??? Wow!! Must have been harder than I remember.

As far as posting answers go, you will find that no one here will be willing to do that. We get these types of posts every year. I know that this may come as a surprise to you, but there are some folks wanting the answers so that they can cheat. You will probably find that there are some UIC's on this board who are willing to grade your exam for you, if there isn't a local UIC who is already doing that.

Anyway, welcome to the board.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

test

I just did get it off the net, the test that is. Here asa umpires that just do local league games don't have to take test or anything, just go to a clinic that the league president sets up. I just wanted to see how i did. I have umpired for 3 years, local games and Jr. high games. I can email my answer sheet to someone to grade for me, that would be great. Just let me know.

kaye
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Assuming the number 2005 in the subject is not a typo, and she really does mean LAST year's test, I suppose there's nothing egregiously wrong with someone dredging up the answers, as a way to grade it. I'm not sure where I've put mine though.

In fact, it may serve a larger purpose for someone to recall a few of the questions caused the most discussion here last year, and post one of those questions as a topic of it's own - to refresh and discuss the finer points, and all.

I will say, however, that I've found that an umpire learns more from the actual taking of the test (especially open book, where you are forced to read rules you may not have read fully before) than in the grading of the test. When grading, you might learn a bit on the ones (hopefully few!)you missed when grading, but you learn a lot more during the test-taking process. JMHO though.

Welcome to the site.
Old Thu Jan 19, 2006, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Thank you and no it isn't a typo. 2005 test is what i took. Just because i wanted to make sure i knew the answers, even if it was with the book.

kaye
Old Fri Jan 20, 2006, 07:21am
VaASAump

Re: test

Quote:
Originally posted by umpiregal65
I just did get it off the net, the test that is. Here asa umpires that just do local league games don't have to take test or anything, just go to a clinic that the league president sets up. I just wanted to see how i did. I have umpired for 3 years, local games and Jr. high games. I can email my answer sheet to someone to grade for me, that would be great. Just let me know.

kaye
If you like, you can e-mail your answers to me and I'll be more than happy to grade it for you.

Serg