The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 17, 2001, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Okay Guys,

Had a fun one tonight. I am calling co-ed C ball spring league championship game at 9:00 the pitcher/coach shows up at 7:30 with his own home plate a big bag and a pitcher plate and warms up till 9:00(1st sign somebody is taking this GAME way too serious). We make it to the 2nd inning 1st pitch right after I had dusted home the pitcher throws short and splashes a little dirt on the plate, he wants me to dust off the plate, I gave him the Joel STARE and ask him if this was going to be necessary everytime he couldn't get a ball to the plate. Same inning there is a runner on 3rd (male) and he is having a chat with the 3rd baseman (female) the pitcher starts hollering that the runner is harassing the 3rd baseman (they were talking about where they work)I inform the pitcher I was not going to put up with his bull. Next inning pitcher switching out balls female to male fires a bullet to the base coach of course does not have a glove on, I warn pitcher then next unsportsman like conduct and he would be out. Bottom of same inning coach hits a double next batter hits slow grounder just to the F6 side of 2nd as F6 is throwing to 1st R1(coach)standing on top of 2nd base sticks his arm out and hits F6 at the legs, I call interference and BR out eject coach let sub take his place at 2nd. First he try to act innocent like he did nothing wrong I inform him he was gone that I clearly saw what he did then he turns to me and said I cant believe your throwing me out for this and we have noone else on the team that can pitch. I laugh and told coach he should of thought of that before he removed himself from the game.

My question on all of this did I blow the interference call since R1 was on the base when he interfered was I correct in calling out BR or should I rung up R1 on 2nd

Thanks

Don
Old Fri May 18, 2001, 06:08am
Official Forum Member

Wow, the coach must have been very short of the SS very tall d:-)

R1 out, BR placed on 1B. Since R1 was on the base, you really can't get a second out since it was not available in this scenario.
Old Fri May 18, 2001, 08:13am
Official Forum Member

Don, since you were having problems with them
all night,you probably could use Rule 8 - 8K
and gotten away with it.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.
Old Fri May 18, 2001, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks Guys

Right after I called the dead ball BR out and R1 ejected I figured I blew it and should of called R1 out but since he was standing on the base when he interfered my mind became fuzzy and since noone argued and just wanted to get the coach out of the way and game continuing I didnt change the call.

Mike, I should of stated R1 squatted down on the base so he would keep his balance before throwing his arm out that is how he got F6 in the legs just above his knees

Anyway hopefully I will remember next time

THANKS

Don
Old Sat May 19, 2001, 07:57am
Official Forum Member

Just having fun, Don.