The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 02, 2001, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Have an eye appt. in the a.m. to get new prescription and gonna give contact lenses a try...

Got called this afternoon to fill in for a 6 and 7:30 p.m. game.....10U and 18U.......

Had the plate for the 18U game and it started to mist (wiping glasses off fairly regular)......man, I can't wait to give this a try.........

And for those keeping score.......32 for 32........barely a ripple tonight........

However.....1 misunderstanding.....We play with a injury re-entry rule here that states if a team has burned all their subs and a player gets hurt then a sub may re-enter to keep a team from dropping below nine. None of the coaches understand this rule.......they make things up for what they either think it means or whatever they want it to mean at that time.

Top of first......R3 gets plunked on pickoff attempt.......3rd base coach after attending to her for a bit......hollers for a runner and sends the girl to the dugout......

I inform scorekeeper and home team of the substitution........manager sees me making changes and comes out and tells me that it is not really a substitution......he is just putting in a runner for his injured player under the injury re-entry rule......

I explained the rule and the fact that his team did indeed make a substitution.........he left pissed off at his 3rd base coach........not at me.

Joel
Old Tue Apr 03, 2001, 09:32am
Official Forum Member

Wink

I'm going in for LASIK surgery tomorrow. I had it with glasses and contacts. Hopefully everything will go well. I do basketball and baseball/softball and just thought it was time. If anybody has questions, I will gladly answer them Friday (if I can read them!!!)
Old Wed Apr 04, 2001, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

Angry Stupid is as Stupid Does!

Oh well..........

Called my first game in contacts last night an could not be happier..........still perfect.........no ripples.........I am waiting!!!!

The only problem was I had to put em back in this morning........

Took a total of 20 hours to lose my first one..........

I will hopefully get the hang of it........

Its like trying to put a small piece of Saran wrap in your eye.

The eye clinic did not have an extra in my prescription...........so I will have to wait untill Monday to try again.

Oh well...........7 years with glasses.........no problem.

Joel

Old Thu Apr 05, 2001, 12:07am
Official Forum Member

Joel
I remember the second pair I had gotten.. Extended wear. Waking up the next morning was a real treat! Open eyes and everything is in focus... WOW!!!! This was too cool.
I'm back wearing glasses today.. After about 7 years of use, I was getting extremely lazy about taking them out. The last time I had left them in for almost 4 months without taking them out... Oddly enough I found that for me leaving them in for longer periods extended their life... But on the down side some pretty good sized blood vessel were developing on the surface of the eye in an effort to get more oxygen to the part of the eyeball under the contact I suspect. Because of this laziness, I decided to just stay with glasses..
Rcently I considered the laser surgury... The choices were $4,000 for the surgury ($2,000/eye)... $36,000 for a new truck ($36,000/truck) .... $4,000 ... $36,000. My new truck will be here in mid May!
Chuck
Old Thu Apr 05, 2001, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to llblue Send a message via Yahoo to llblue
LASIK is very much worth it. I had it a month ago after wearing glasses for years. The season hasn't started here in northern New England but I know my vision is returning nicely.

The procedure took a very short time (less than 10 minutes for both) and I was able to walk out without help. It was gray and blurry but it's normal to happen. It's difficult to see right off because of the light sensitivity. About 8 hours after the surgery I was seeing well enough to read my monitor (larger font for bluriness) but was back driving the following day.

My eyes kept drying out and still do sometimes if it's too warm and dry inside but that's a minor issue. There's a halo effect from lights at night but that's getting better too.

I'm seeing at a distance far better than I ever was before, seeing up close is getting better every day. It takes about 6-10 weeks, it's not a real concern and not that noticible if you're not thinking about it.

Please let me know of any questions.

Alex
Old Thu Apr 05, 2001, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to llblue Send a message via Yahoo to llblue
$2000 per eye? Glad I don't live out west. It was $2100 for both eyes, all appointments, consultations, medications and misc. expenses.

The is a national finance program in place, you can put it over as many as 60 months.
Old Thu Apr 05, 2001, 06:42pm
Official Forum Member

Hey.... It's like everything else here in CA... But we Californians are constantly reassured that we get what we pay for! If it costs more, it must be better.... Better gas quality... Insurance companies that are REALLY looking out for you the customer.... Taxing some items twice because the state thinks they're really worth it!
cl
Old Tue Apr 17, 2001, 06:40pm
Official Forum Member

Well.......it only took two weeks for my replacement contact lens to come in...........sheesh. I hope this one lasts more than 20 hours.......

Daughters have games the rest of the week.....so no umpiring till Fridays tournaments........as many games as I want to call.........probably try for 15 or so.......I need the money.....yesterday was April 15th.........I don't need to tell y'all how well that went...........(sigh)

Joel

Well.....gotta leave for the ballpark............have a great evening guys.