The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Hello Guys & Gals (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/21436-hello-guys-gals.html)

Elaine "Lady Blue" Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:57pm

It's been 95,96 degrees here in Atlanta with plenty of humidity; and many tournaments are being played because it's that time!
I was sitting in my air conditioned house thinking about softball and the games I called and the games that DD played for years and thanking God I was not out in this heat.
Of course I thought about all of you out there sweating and and induring for the love of the game, so I thought I'd say "Hello" and let you know I'm still alive! LOL
Since I retired in 2002, I've thought several times about umpiring again, and probably would have this year...but that was not to be after last year's 18 Gold here in Atlanta Metro. (I'm sure many of you remember the fiasco about the thread on this board)
Unfortunately, I'm still living in Lilburn, GA and not beloved Daytona Beach, FL where I and hubby want to be. We haven't let go of the dream, it'll just take a little longer.
However, I do miss umpiring, do miss being with fellow umpires, do miss the girls in FP, do miss the game.
I DON'T miss SP and the 'Bubbas', the bad coaches, disgruntled parents, uncaring TD's, sloppy umpires, and the HEAT & HUMIDITY.
KUDOS to all of you, I know how rewarding and sometimes hard it is to umpire. I LOVE Y'ALL!!!!

azbigdawg Sun Jul 24, 2005 06:57pm

still some bitterness seeping out.... but a nice post overall

Elaine "Lady Blue" Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:03pm

Absolutely no bitterness, and I don't understand how you gleaned that from my post, azbigdawg. But, thanks for replying. If I had really wanted to umpire again, I would have.

azbigdawg Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:05pm

I just remember the animosity and anger in the last post... thought I saw some seeping out....

Elaine "Lady Blue" Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:18pm

Believe me Darrell, it was only directed at one person who I believe doesn't post on this site any longer. :>)

azbigdawg Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:21pm

cool.

VaASAump Tue Jul 26, 2005 06:07am

Hi "Lady Blue",

It was real nice meeting you last year at Nationals. Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself and saying hi. Good luck in your future.

Serg

CecilOne Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:07pm

Umpiring or not, don't stay away. Your opinion is always welcome and your comments will contribute to the game and especially umpiring.

Bandit Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:13pm

CecilOne

Suck Up ?

CecilOne Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:36pm

Re: CecilOne

Quote:

Originally posted by Bandit
Suck Up ?
Yeah, I'm hoping she starts assigning nationals or takes Mike's job.

Elaine "Lady Blue" Tue Jul 26, 2005 06:17pm

Thank you Sergio, Bandit and Cecil.
I enjoyed meeting you too Sergio, and you're a helluva fine umpire!

Steve M Sun Jul 31, 2005 09:37am

Look at this. I go away for a vacation & Elaine shows up & so does Joel. Hmmmmmmm
welcome back, Elaine.

whiskers_ump Sun Jul 31, 2005 06:11pm

Joel & Elaine,

Nice to see you ya'll back. I am late on a lot of post this week, been at the AFA
Nationals, so kinda busy. Should be lots of pics soon. Worked with Rachel, one of
our members, Hell of an umpire. The whole group from MN were great. Was really
disappoint that Tom was unable to make the trip. Maybe next year. Stories later,
gotta catch up on all the post and e-mails. Have 711 total messages.