The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 11, 2001, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Wow,what a small world Steve.Gerry is the interpreter in my chapter.(Berks County PIAA Softball Umpires).He is a great guy and a super talented umpire.I am fortunate to have umpired several games with him.Working with umpires of Gerry's calliper definitely improves your own umpiring.I believe he also does PSAC college games which include Kutztown University.I work the small Div 3 colleges in our immediate area in which Gerry is a member of our group.We cover Albright,Alvernia,and Penn State-Berks Colleges.Hey,maybe you and I might do a state playoff game together in the near future.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2001, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

Mo,
Could be, but I think PIAA tries to keep crews from the same district. Ask Gerry about our games at Millersville last year - that should be worth a shudder & a laugh - I don't think I've ever seen a team move as slowly as they do. I just saw Jerry in Feb at the ASA school Sonny hosted. Carl was there too - can't remember his last name, but he's a retired state cop. If you see their class picture, I'm the guy in between them, turned sideways so they could fit us all in. Carl & I did some Kutztown games together. You've got some good umps down there.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2001, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Steve, Clemko is Carl's last name.We are fortunate to have a super core of umpires in our chapter.Carl is a great umpire to work with also.Hopefully,my fellow umpires speak the same about my umpiring.I,like you,put a lot of time and effort into my craft.I do the mechanics in front of the mirror as well.In fact,I even keep a copy of the rule book in the bathroom.(I drive my wife crazy).We have our chapter meeting tomorrow night,and I will talk to Gerry and Carl about meeting you on this website.