The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 27, 2005, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

I was working our NSA State championship tournament this weekend (HOT!) and had this happen for the first time in 15 years of officiating. I was working the 18U girls. On a passed ball (terrible catcher) the catcher turns around to go for the ball and decides to go straight back. She puts her hand in the middle of my chest and gives me a good push. I'm big enough that she didn't really have a chance to push me over. After the play was over I went to clean the plate and told her that I will do my best to move but I simply can't just disappear and to "Not touch me like that again" 2 pitches later she does the same thing. At the end of the play I called her coach out and gave the catcher a warning. Anyone ever have this happen before? What did you do about it? After the warning, I had no further problem.
Old Mon Jun 27, 2005, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

I've never had that happen before, but I believe I would have handled it exactly the way you did.
Old Thu Jun 30, 2005, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Why?
Old Thu Jun 30, 2005, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Why what?
Old Fri Jul 01, 2005, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
Why what?
Why what you said: "I would have handled it exactly the way you did" meaning what NSA said "At the end of the play I called her coach out and gave the catcher a warning."