The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jun 09, 2005, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

I was advised that the catcher in 12 and under slowpitch softball is not allowed to use the word swing or any word that may cause the batter to swing. I have always heard the infielders chatter and use the word swing, what is the difference isn't the catcher an infielder? I would appreciate a rule that applys. I was also told that the catcher enticing the batter to swing is unsportsman like.
Old Sat Jun 11, 2005, 06:57am
Official Forum Member

as long as, in my opinion, the chatter is not degrading or in some other way unsportsmanlike, its OK. if a batter swings 'cause the catcher told her to then she needs some earplugs or something
Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 08:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 3afan
if a batter swings 'cause the catcher told her to then she needs some earplugs or something
So if a runner goes behind F4 as she is about to catch a pop-up and screams "I got it!" and a stunned F4 fails to catch the ball, you are going to tell the defensive coach to get earplugs for his fielders?