The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 04, 2001, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

Crossing Texas

Yeah, papa,

I used to live in Austin, TX, and remember crossing into Texas from Lousiana on I-10. The first mile post I saw was something like 980ish.

El Paso is closer to Los Angeles than it is to Beaumont!
Old Wed Apr 04, 2001, 09:36pm
Official Forum Member

Really? Try it in an ice storm. At the time, I was a professional driver doing 200-300 local miles a day. Ten hours on a wintery Friday evening in upstate NY can get pretty scary.

Personally, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the evening drive from Lake Charles, LA to Bryant, TX on a Friday evening, but I guess that's a normal drive in that neck of the country.

Mike
Old Wed Apr 04, 2001, 10:12pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Texan's and Ice or Snow.......

Mike...........

If you are ever anywhere south of say.....Dallas......and there is ANY ice around......park your car and stay the night.......

There is almost no-one in TX that knows how to drive in these conditions........

You are taking your life into your own hands.

You northern guys should come give us driving lessons.......we DO NOT know how to handle any icy conditions.

Hurricanes, tornadoes, hail storms.........no problems.............but stay the hell out of the way if it gets icy.

Joel

Old Wed Apr 04, 2001, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Joel,

You will need to make that statement for maybe south of Oklahoma. I now live north of Dallas and have lived in Oklahoma and believe me none of us know how to drive in ice or snow everyone around here just says the sign still says 65mph little snow and ice is not going to slow them down then there's a wreck and we have a lot of parking lots

Thank goodness that over with for this year it was 89 today and sunny have worked 3 days already this week. Yahooooo!!

Have a good one

don
Old Wed Apr 04, 2001, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

Texans driving on ice

Joel,

I moved to TX from Iowa. I used to really like the ice storms in Texas, 'cause I could drive to work with no problems... all the pickups were in the ditch
Old Thu Apr 05, 2001, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

Yep, that is why it would be so easy to drive in the ice in Texas. With everyone in the ditch or at home, I'll be the only vehicle on the highway with no one to hit!

Mike
Old Fri Apr 06, 2001, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to SamNVa Send a message via AIM to SamNVa Send a message via Yahoo to SamNVa
Yeah, and in those parts of Texas that get ice, there isn't much else to hit except prickley pears and scrub mesquite.