The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 27, 2005, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Okay,

Now that Ken has posted the pictures of how to fold your caps, (good job Ken), to those who have never done it before; Have you tried it? and what do you think?

It's kinda neat you can read this board and learn something as simple as that. Very helpful!!
Old Fri May 27, 2005, 09:14am
Official Forum Member

JEL,

I agree, it is neat. However, I find it easier to buy the hard plastic containers that
have the little shelf inside. That way the hat (cap) folds in the middle and re-
tains its shape. You can place two hats (caps) inside and close the lid. (One base and
one plate hat (cap). My
gear bag is large enough to accommadate three of this type container, thus giving me
three sets of hats. Also have other sets in the car if needed. Again, Ken's phots
are great and if your gear bag is a smaller version, then his idea is super.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.
Old Fri May 27, 2005, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by whiskers_ump
JEL,

I agree, it is neat. However, I find it easier to buy the hard plastic containers that
have the little shelf inside. That way the hat (cap) folds in the middle and re-
tains its shape. You can place two hats (caps) inside and close the lid. (One base and
one plate hat (cap). My
gear bag is large enough to accommadate three of this type container, thus giving me
three sets of hats. Also have other sets in the car if needed. Again, Ken's phots
are great and if your gear bag is a smaller version, then his idea is super.
I find it easier to just keep my hats folded and place them in a Zip-loc bag. I can easily keep four hats of any style in the bag which lays flat or can be placed against a wall in my equipment bag. Takes up very little space.

Old Fri May 27, 2005, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

JEL,

If I'm not mistaken, aren't you near the Columbus, GA area? I'll be there for the 18U's. I can give you a first hand look in August :-)
Old Fri May 27, 2005, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Duke
JEL,

If I'm not mistaken, aren't you near the Columbus, GA area? I'll be there for the 18U's. I can give you a first hand look in August :-)
I'm about 40 miles north in LaGrange. Will be working the 16U B class here which probably won't last all week. The Mrs and I have scheduled the whole week off, so we may get to come watch some in Columbus.