The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Slow and Slower - Board Issue (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/20174-slow-slower-board-issue.html)

IRISHMAFIA Fri May 06, 2005 03:24pm

I visit this board through three different computer operating through two different servers, yet I have the same issue with all systems.

Occasionally, this board gets extremely slow to the point it has begun to time out when attempting to post.

I've noticed some double posts which in my case is a result of impatience and double clicking.

It is only with this site. All other sites, including e-teamz, referee, etc. run without a problem.

Anyone else having these problems?

gsf23 Fri May 06, 2005 03:27pm

I run into that every now and then as well, Mike. When I try to submit a post the page just never seems to load or sometimes when I try to open a thread I run into the same problem.

bkbjones Fri May 06, 2005 03:36pm

Same thing

Mike, I'm sitting here at work on a Mac with a dedicated cable modem...and get occasional timeouts on this board.

At home, I use a windows-based PC, with a dedicated cable modem...and get occasional timeouts there, too.

I have run into it IE, Safari, Firefox and Netscape browsers...so it ain't the browsers, ain't the operating systems, ain't you, and it ain't me.

SRW Fri May 06, 2005 04:26pm

Me too

...and I'm at work on a dedicated fiber backbone...this board is always slow.

wadeintothem Fri May 06, 2005 06:37pm

Quote:

Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
I visit this board through three different computer operating through two different servers, yet I have the same issue with all systems.

Occasionally, this board gets extremely slow to the point it has begun to time out when attempting to post.

I've noticed some double posts which in my case is a result of impatience and double clicking.

It is only with this site. All other sites, including e-teamz, referee, etc. run without a problem.

Anyone else having these problems?

definately, the server this board is on needs to be upgraded.. too much traffic i would imagine. its slower than (insert ancedote here)

debeau Sat May 07, 2005 12:01am

Obviously depends on the time you are using it .
I get no hassels and it is quick but note the time of my posting .
It is actually 5pm on a Saturday Afternoon and to confuse you even more Autumn and 15 degrees (celcius)

whiskers_ump Sat May 07, 2005 08:35am

Yes, it is slower. That is why there are so many multipile
posts. You get tired of waiting
and hit post reply again. Then you review and see that it has already gone out.

IRISHMAFIA Sat May 07, 2005 08:39am

Quote:

Originally posted by whiskers_ump
Yes, it is slower. That is why there are so many multipile
posts. You get tired of waiting
and hit post reply again. Then you review and see that it has already gone out.

Well, then were is Mick?

whiskers_ump Sat May 07, 2005 09:01am

Mabye on vacation?

Tom,

Go over and help Reyo on his mechanics...:D

IRISHMAFIA Sun May 08, 2005 08:35am

9:15 AM EDT on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 08, 2005

I doubt there is a whole lot of action going on the boards at that time.

I think the system is just slow.

IRISHMAFIA Sun May 08, 2005 08:40am

9:15 AM EDT on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 08, 2005

I doubt there is a whole lot of action going on the boards at that time. At the time of this post there are a total of 27 posters on this Official Forum, not just softball.

I think the system is just slow.

whiskers_ump Sun May 08, 2005 01:14pm

Now, that's funny.....double post.....HAR HAR

SportsKnyt Mon May 09, 2005 09:26am

I just signed up and signed on!!! And yeah, the board is slow. Webmaster needs to clean up!