The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 09:28am
Ref Ump Welsch

Talking

Hey Mike,

I know you'll probably scream at me, but how is it spectator interference. They aren't spectators of the game in question. They were playing on another field.

I agree, there should be some ground rule to cover this. I'm surprised the city park and rec department in this city didn't give the umpires some guidance on how to handle this type of situation. Of course, they probably didn't because they didn't forsee this kind happening. Maybe lesson learned for us all who work on such fields.
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ref Ump Welsch
Hey Mike,

I know you'll probably scream at me, but how is it spectator interference. They aren't spectators of the game in question. They were playing on another field.
Well, they aren't players in this game, they aren't coaches in this game, they aren't umpires in this game ..... So far as I know, the only other category addressing people at the game who aren't participating is spectator; or should there be another category (and thus more rules stating the same thing) for people at the game site, not participating, but not watching THIS game?

Okay, maybe a bit cutting in response, but gee whiz; it is the only appropriate category to apply here! You don't post on eteamz as Reyogold or Sam, do you?

[Edited by AtlUmpSteve on May 5th, 2005 at 01:05 PM]
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 12:11pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Angry

Steve, I was just being a bit of a jester. Apparently you didn't get that from the smiley face I posted. I really didn't appreciate your response. Also, I don't even post on eteamz so the answer there is NO! I hope you aren't a mentor to someone, because I sure as hell wouldn't want you for one!
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

He is probably someone's mentor. Go to his profile and see his credentials.

Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Smile SP fields

Mike is so far up the food chain all his SP games are on fields with fences.

We have several in the Seattle area that are pretty much as described by many of you...and of course every league has different rules about such things (and occasionally share those with us).

Old Thu May 05, 2005, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ref Ump Welsch
Steve, I was just being a bit of a jester. Apparently you didn't get that from the smiley face I posted. I really didn't appreciate your response. Also, I don't even post on eteamz so the answer there is NO! I hope you aren't a mentor to someone, because I sure as hell wouldn't want you for one!
I did, in fact, overlook the smilie; absent that vital background, your response, out of context of your mood, seemed to be like those of the people I referenced. They challenge everything that isn't dotted I's and crossed T's, and your response seemed of the same ilk. My apologies for misunderstanding your intent, and certainly for suggesting you are Ray or Sam (harsher than you know, if you don't do eteamz).
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 03:47pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Smile

Apology accepted. Now, where did I hide that peace pipe???
Old Thu May 05, 2005, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Re: SP fields

Quote:
Originally posted by bkbjones
Mike is so far up the food chain all his SP games are on fields with fences.

Not that I am up the "food chain", but I do seem relegated to fenced fields at the local level. Unfortunately, there are many times I wish I were working the extreme rec level on open fields just to have some fun.