The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sat Mar 17, 2001, 12:52am
Official Forum Member

Question

R1 on 2nd R2 on 1st grounder hit 2 steps to the SS side of 2nd base F6 grabs ball runs toward 2nd makes the out R2 at this time is about 4 steps away from 2nd running I am the BU see the tag at 2nd and watch the throw to 1st which is overthrown look back and SS is on the ground all mad and yelling he was interfered with and knocked over by R2 I state I have a no call didnt see was following the ball for the play at 1st.

Should state that this was slow-pitch so I was in the slot between 2nd and 1st PU was watching R1 at the time and after the game said he also didnt see what had happen.

F6 also the team manager gets PO'd at me saying that I should have gone to my partner for an appeal I stated to the manager that this was not a call that would need appeal if either of us had seen interference we would have made the call PU would not wait for me to appeal.

Question 1 here is this correct.

Part 2 of question 1 manager never asked for the appeal after the play anyway only after the inning was over so it really didnt matter he was to busy yelling at the guy that he collided with

Question #2 I know the BU being between 1st and 2nd on this play is different than most of your guys fast-pitch position but I'm wondering if there are any mechanical suggestions that you might suggest to be able to catch this if it was interference and still follow the ball for the play at 1st.

Any other ideas or suggestion on how to best handle this situation is fully appreciated

Thanks

Don