The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   FAll Tournament (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/16388-fall-tournament.html)

whiskers_ump Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:34am

Daaamn,

Tournament got so big we are having to start on Fri. Little unusual
what with football playoffs and basketball going on.

Brings to mind a question. Any of you still calling
games. I know some are doing HS ball already.

Andy Thu Nov 11, 2004 01:26am

Tournaments here the next two weekends, nothing on Thanksgiving weekend, one more ASA tourney in December, then off until January.

Steve M Thu Nov 11, 2004 04:39am

My last games were 3 weeks ago, in Maryland. Sometime in January, I'll head into the gym at a few colleges to watch some pitches.

JEL Thu Nov 11, 2004 09:12am

In midwest Georgia we are still going. Did BB tourney last weekend, have a 60+ team tourney (SB) upcoming but will opt out for the Auburn-Georgia game. Have a dual tourney (BB on 8 fields, SB on 6 across the street) set for 20/21. I've heard of possibly one more in early Dec, then nothing til Feb '05.

Skahtboi Thu Nov 11, 2004 09:25am

Tournaments all over the place this weekend. Also have them scheduled through the first weekend in Decemeber at this point.

whiskers_ump Thu Nov 11, 2004 01:51pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Skahtboi
Tournaments all over the place this weekend. Also have them scheduled through the first weekend in Decemeber at this point.
Pretty much the same way here Scott.

Have this one this weekend, next weekend, taking off the
Turkey day tournament, then back for three straight in
December, and one early January. How many will actually
make, do not know.
Have a good schedule this weekend. 3 Friday night, 8 on
Sat. and 5 on Sunday. The only unschedule game for Sun.
is the Championship, so who knows, maybe 6 Sunday.

CecilOne Thu Nov 11, 2004 03:04pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve M
My last games were 3 weeks ago, in Maryland. Sometime in January, I'll head into the gym at a few colleges to watch some pitches.
Where in Maryland?

FUBLUE Thu Nov 11, 2004 03:32pm

Moved inside last week. We'll call indoor ball all winter, until college opens up around March 1. I go at least one night per week and every weekend.

SC Ump Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:07pm

I've got a softball tournament at Clemson this week-end. Don't know for sure but have heard U of GA and NC State are planning to be there. It started as six games on Saturday and four on Sunday, but I think a couple of teams have dropped out.

I'm kind of in an off season slow down so I have mixed emotions about calling. Burning some calories before Thanksgiving might be a good idea... as if I'm worried about justifying that second piece of pie. :)

buddha69 Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:48pm

Quote:

Originally posted by JEL
In midwest Georgia we are still going. Did BB tourney last weekend, have a 60+ team tourney (SB) upcoming but will opt out for the Auburn-Georgia game. Have a dual tourney (BB on 8 fields, SB on 6 across the street) set for 20/21. I've heard of possibly one more in early Dec, then nothing til Feb '05.
We are done over here in East side of GA, but I would rather be with you and the wifee at the Auburn-Georgia Game.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you in the Next Clinic in 05'

JEL Sun Nov 14, 2004 07:56am

We are done over here in East side of GA, but I would rather be with you and the wifee at the Auburn-Georgia Game.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May I offer my most INsincere condolences!

24-6

Orange bowl; Here We Come!