The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 21, 2004, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

I just wanted to bring you an update on our game today.

The coach of the team, that was asked last week to have his girls tuck in their jerseys, was proud to see us. Only he didn't know that we knew of the problem. I talked with my partner on the way to the game and told him all of the comments made on this board. We pulled up at the game and immediately saw one of the home team jerseys in question. We both said these are legal to wear out and that was our decision.

The opposing coach nor the home coach never said anything about the jerseys and neither did we. We had a 3 inning run-rule game. In fact, I did not hear the first word yelled at my partner or myself. He did the plate.

I want to thank everyone that responded to my original request for assistance. We all have a better understanding now.
Old Tue Sep 21, 2004, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gemini
We both said these are legal to wear out and that was our decision.
Oh, come on now. Where's your sense of adventure? You should have yelled at the girl in the parking lot that she had better tuck it in right away. Then you could have had a fun exciting time instead a boring 3-inning/run-rule game.
Old Tue Sep 21, 2004, 10:44pm
Official Forum Member

I call it preventative officiating. I don't go looking for adventure. It usually finds me anyway. I must say it is not my nature to be quiet. I can't believe I didn't say anything either.

Furthermore, the home team coach and I used to play softball on the same team 25 years ago. YOu're right Dan I should have said someting.