The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Arizona vs Team USA (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/13171-arizona-vs-team-usa.html)

oppool Sat Apr 10, 2004 08:38pm

Did anyone catch the replay of the game on espn today. Late in the game Team USA hit a ball deep to right field which came out of the fielder glove on the fly hit right field wall and then was caught by the right fielder. The ruling by the BU was OUT. Am I missing something?? Should it not of been a live ball play on??

Don

whiskers_ump Sat Apr 10, 2004 09:33pm

Don,

Did not see the game, due to "honey do's", but it sounds
like a blown call. Maybe there will be highlights later
tonight.

Steve M Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:26pm

Wanted to watch, but had a double header today. Left around 8am & got back around 5 - then took a nap. From what you describe, sounds like a missed call.

JEL Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:47pm

I saw it. It was a blown call. T USA had bases loaded at the time, could have scored 2, or 3 more runs. Wonder if Umpire crew talked about that one after the game?

Time_Blue Mon Apr 12, 2004 09:35pm

Late in the game Team USA hit a ball deep to right field which came out of the fielde

oppool, I'm like you, I thought "am I missing something" when I saw they called her out. The announcers didn't think she was out either but were apparently afraid to say much on tv.
This is my first time on "the forum". Very Interesting!

oppool Mon Apr 12, 2004 09:58pm

Welcome, Time Blue

I am glad somebody saw it. I thought I must of been missing something. Welcome to the forum you will find this forum I believe has the best set of umps in here to learn everything from a to z and a lot of good discussion without all the junk.

Tell us where you ump from and stuff when you get a chance.

Don

mick Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:15pm

Quote:

Originally posted by oppool
Did anyone catch the replay of the game on espn today. Late in the game Team USA hit a ball deep to right field which came out of the fielder glove on the fly hit right field wall and then was caught by the right fielder. The ruling by the BU was OUT. Am I missing something?? Should it not of been a live ball play on??

Don

oppool,
Maybe there's a rule that if the ball rebounds less than 10' (looked to be about 6'-8')a legal catch can still be made if the umpire is within 20' of the play. That ump did hustle out there.... :cool:

...But after one comment, the announcers said nary another word. This ain't baseball is it?
mick

whiskers_ump Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:19pm

Re: Late in the game Team USA hit a ball deep to right field which came out of the fielde

Quote:

Originally posted by Time_Blue
oppool, I'm like you, I thought "am I missing something" when I saw they called her out. The announcers didn't think she was out either but were apparently afraid to say much on tv.
This is my first time on "the forum". Very Interesting!

Welcome to the board Time_Blue.....

Don, go to eteams board and see what coaches are saying.

Most said it was a good catch.......even though it bounced
from fence to glove.

Dakota Tue Apr 13, 2004 08:26am

Welcome, Time Blue! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-049.gif

Some of the eteamz coach's responses on this call are fun to read.

Time_Blue Tue Apr 13, 2004 08:38am

Some of the eteamz coach's responses on this call are fun to read

How do I get on the eteams website to check out the coaches opinions?

Time_Blue Tue Apr 13, 2004 08:46am

Tell us where you ump from and stuff when you get a chance.

I ump in the Quad Cities, Davenport,Ia., Moline,IL, Rock Island,IL and all around. I have been umping for about 6 years with just my last three fastpitch. This year I have gotten into high school and really like it. I'm even going to get to umpire my first National this year in Moline. Really looking forward to it. Can't believe I seem to learn something new almost every game. Still a little timid when it comes to handling irate coaches, but I'm learning. I really like reading the comments on the forum.

mick Tue Apr 13, 2004 08:56am

Re: Some of the eteamz coach's responses on this call are fun to read

Quote:

How do I get on the eteams website to check out the coaches opinions?
Click here, Time_Blue,

http://www.eteams.com/fastpitch/boar....cfm?id=964257

Welcome to the forum.
I was at the Rock Island Arsenal once. ;)
mick

FUBLUE Tue Apr 13, 2004 09:55am

Re: Tell us where you ump from and stuff when you get a chance.

Quote:

I ump in the Quad Cities, Davenport,Ia., Moline,IL, Rock Island,IL and all around. I'm even going to get to umpire my first National this year in Moline. I really like reading the comments on the forum.
Time_Blue,

Welcome to the board. I'm from the Indy area and I've been asked to come out to Moline for the national there this year. It will be my third. Heard MH is going to take really good care of us...he's a good man. Worked with him last year in Normal.

How are the diamonds? I've seen pictures, but nothing is better than walking onto the fields and feeling them.

Time_Blue Tue Apr 13, 2004 07:09pm

How are the diamonds? I've seen pictures, but nothing is better than walking onto the

FUBLUE,
Thanks for the reply......Yes, Milt H is a good man to work with, and I'm sure that he'll take good care of us this August. The diamonds are pretty good, a little sandy, but they have been doing a lot of work on them since last year. The championship diamond at Green Valley had stadium seats put in. They are planning on using at least two other complexes I believe...one in Rock Island and one in Bettendorf,Ia., they both are excellent places. I am actually from Hammond,IN myself, but I don't miss it. Left there over 30 years ago. See you in August.....Time_Blue

FUBLUE Tue Apr 13, 2004 07:36pm

I'm actually going to be driving through there in late June on my way to Colorado/Wyoming...maybe I'll stop and give the diamonds a look.

kellerumps Wed Apr 14, 2004 07:53am

Hey FU........Thought that was you. Milt H is a great guy....Should take great care of you.

I'm coming over to Indy for the 18's....The wife has to work :)

See ya this summer.

FUBLUE Wed Apr 14, 2004 09:54am

And I thought that was you. What else you got this summer? You coming to the Elite? In TH any? I'm UIC for the 10A/B at MSA.

I actually said I'd go to the 18's, but WS needed someone to go to Moline...a national is a national is a national.

e-mail me if you want...hope you remember it?

Who was supposed to contact me about ISU/MVC games?

whiskers_ump Wed Jul 07, 2004 07:41am

Quote:

Originally posted by Dakota
Welcome, Time Blue! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-049.gif

Some of the eteamz coach's responses on this call are fun to read.

Shipwreck,

I think this is what Tom was hunting.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-049.gif

Dakota Wed Jul 07, 2004 09:34am

Yeah... thanks!

SWFLguy Wed Jul 07, 2004 01:36pm

I'm glad I read this thread.
I was eating dinner in a place that had some
TV's located around the building--- I just happened
to look up at the USA/AZ game and saw that play !
My first thought was--- hey, that was wrong !
I never gave it another thought till I opened
this thread.
I bet the umpiring crew heard plenty about that !

Skahtboi Wed Jul 07, 2004 07:04pm

Yeah Glen, uh...gee....thanks. :rolleyes:

whiskers_ump Wed Jul 07, 2004 08:08pm

Scott,

At least you got in on this one....You missed the
other one, or just did not reply or respond to it.

:D