The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   NFHS Softball Exam Part 1 (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/104936-nfhs-softball-exam-part-1-a.html)

benbret Wed Jan 22, 2020 08:50pm

NFHS Softball Exam Part 1

Does anyone have the exam and key for part 1 this year 2020.

Insane Blue Sat Jan 25, 2020 03:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbret (Post 1036992)

This is why we have so many Umpires that do not know the rules :mad:
It is an open book test just take it on your own and make sure you can actually pass this basic test.

Manny A Tue Jan 28, 2020 04:39pm

Quote:

What is this "part 1" of which you speak? I've umpired HS ball in two states, Virginia and now South Carolina, and in both of them we've only taken one test. There is no Part 1 or Part 2. Is this something that applies in other states? And for what purpose?

CecilOne Tue Jan 28, 2020 04:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 1037218)
What is this "part 1" of which you speak? I've umpired HS ball in two states, Virginia and now South Carolina, and in both of them we've only taken one test. There is no Part 1 or Part 2. Is this something that applies in other states? And for what purpose?

They are two separate tests which we use as a practice test and a counted test. They are labeled as such in the online tests dashboard and at the top of the page below the title.

Manny A Tue Jan 28, 2020 04:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne (Post 1037219)
They are two separate tests which we use as a practice test and a counted test. They are labeled as such in the online tests dashboard and at the top of the page below the title.

Hmm, okay, never really noticed that. I just take one test and I'm done.

I've heard some other umpires say that they have to take one test to do regular season ball, and another test to qualify for post-season, which I think is ridiculous. I thought that's what the OP was saying when he called one test "part 1".

Cliffdweller Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:49pm

2020 test

Quote:

Yes and no.....

DaveASA/FED Sat Feb 01, 2020 06:15pm

As others have stated NFHS makes two tests each year, a part 1 and part 2.

Each state does different things with those each year. Indiana uses Part 1 as the test new officials take to get their license and Part 2 is required to be taken each year by officials that wish to work the post season.

agr8zebra Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:25pm

I too am looking for a copy of the Part 1 test.

Don't care about answers, only need a 90 for State and I can get that without much study.

Jess

CecilOne Sat Feb 08, 2020 05:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by agr8zebra (Post 1037438)
I too am looking for a copy of the Part 1 test.

Don't care about answers, only need a 90 for State and I can get that without much study.

Jess

I can't find it either.

agr8zebra Sat Feb 08, 2020 09:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Blue (Post 1037113)
This is why we have so many Umpires that do not know the rules :mad:
It is an open book test just take it on your own and make sure you can actually pass this basic test.

I personally dont want the answers I just want the questions, give me the questions and 2 hrs I will give the answers with 90% accuracy and the 10 I might miss will be a reading error or something stupid like requiring only initials versus whole name....

blue06 Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:55pm

Part 1 NFHS Softball

I have part 1 with NO answers for those that want to study.