The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   2020 online rule books (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/104842-2020-online-rule-books.html)

Cliffdweller Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:47pm

2020 online rule books

Anybody know when the 2020 NFHS rule books will be online?

Manny A Tue Dec 10, 2019 02:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliffdweller (Post 1035860)
Anybody know when the 2020 rule books will be online?

For which rule set? NCAA? NFHS? USSSA? NSA? There are a number of organizations that post their rule books on the web for download for free.

There are also others, such as USA Softball, Little League, and Babe Ruth, that are online but require being registered with the organization and/or a fee to download.

Tru_in_Blu Tue Dec 10, 2019 09:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 1035870)
For which rule set? NCAA? NFHS? USSSA? NSA? There are a number of organizations that post their rule books on the web for download for free.

There are also others, such as USA Softball, Little League, and Babe Ruth, that are online but require being registered with the organization and/or a fee to download.

USA still only has a download available to phones, correct? I was happy to see the Umpire's Manual as a downloadable document. Would love the Rules Book to be as well.

Manny A Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru_in_Blu (Post 1035887)
USA still only has a download available to phones, correct?

Yes, at least that was the case for 2019, and they probably will do the same thing in 2020. It isn't really a PDF version of the actual rule book, like they did with the Umpire Manual. It's just a searchable app (and I've read that the search feature isn't very efficient since it won't search all chapters of the book).

That said, I truly don't understand the rationale behind requiring registered umpires to pay for the downloadable app. They already make us pay ridiculous amounts of money for their logoed shirts, hats, jackets and ball bags. I know it's "only" $14.99 for the app, but it's the principle that frustrates me. We get nickeled and dimed to register and go through a background check already. Do we really need to throw another $15 a year for a tool that other organizations (e.g., NFHS) provide as part of the registration fee?

Insane Blue Tue Dec 17, 2019 04:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliffdweller (Post 1035860)
Anybody know when the 2020 NFHS rule books will be online?

It is already available on NFHS app

Cliffdweller Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:41pm

The APP cost money this year (I got it free last year). Still not available online yet...

CecilOne Wed Dec 25, 2019 09:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliffdweller (Post 1036279)
The APP cost money this year (I got it free last year). Still not available online yet...

Maybe you should have asked Santa ;)

Merry Christmas to all ! ! :D :D