The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 10, 2018, 05:53pm
Administrator

Hip Replacement Surgery.

I am putting this initial comment in the Basketball, Baseball, Softball (the three sports I officiate/umpire), and Football (because even though I do not officiate it I always read and ask questions in it so as to learn more about officiating the sport) Forums.

I am asking that after one reads my questions below that they will go the the General/Off Topic Forum to continue the discussion. I would like to thank in advance all those that contribute to this thread.

It appears that I will be receiving the official word from my orthopedic surgeon this Friday afternoon that I will have to have my right hip replaced and have it replaced soon.

1) There are two types of surgery to replace the hip: The (i) anterior and the (ii) posterior. I would like to get the pros and cons of both types of surgery from those who have had hip replacement surgery and their personal experiences.

2) What was the recovery time from your surgery?

3) Was physical therapy a necessary part of your recovery to enable you to return to officiating and/or umpiring?

4) Please comment on anything that you think is relevant to the surgery and recovery from the surgery.

For those who would like to comment but not in the General/Off Topic Forum please feel free to contact me via email (my personal preference) at MTDeNucciSr (at) AOL (dot) com, or via PM here.

I had arthroscopic surgery on my right new 15-1/2 years ago but that is nothing like having a joint replaced so this is uncharted territory for me.

Once again, thanks for all of your help in advance.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Oct 10, 2018, 08:22pm
Official Forum Member

You can see my comments on hip replacement in the thread: "New Hip anyone?" in the softball section.

My 1 year anniversary comes up just after Thanksgiving.