The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 12, 2003, 07:53pm
Official Forum Member

Just got our ASA National Eval........We were just wondering who actually see's them....And what weight do they carry?

Thanks

KellerUmps
Old Sun Oct 12, 2003, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kellerumps
Just got our ASA National Eval........We were just wondering who actually see's them....And what weight do they carry?

Thanks

KellerUmps
A NT/NC UIC, often with the assistence of an asst. UIC and sometimes an ASA rep, submit them to OKC. In turn, the umpire's commissioner and Regional UIC receive copies. In my state, I receive copies from my commissioner and give the umpire a copy.

If the evaluation is bad, it can keep an umpire out of NT/NCs.

Of course, a UIC who wants to continue receiving requests for umpires will not even offer this person's name unless they have made tremendous advancements since the time of the evaluation.

Old Mon Oct 13, 2003, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Quote:

Thanks

KellerUmps
Of course, a UIC who wants to continue receiving requests for umpires will not even offer this person's name unless they have made tremendous advancements since the time of the evaluation.

I don't understand what you mean here? Please explain.
Old Mon Oct 13, 2003, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Thanks

KellerUmps

I don't understand what you mean here? Please explain.
It means exactly what it says. You wanted to know what weight they may carry. If someone gets a poor evaluation at a National, and the UIC returns them to another and there is no improvement, that UIC may receive fewer, if any, future requests to send umpires to other Nationals.

Old Mon Oct 13, 2003, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

You are referring to the State and Regional UIC's then...Not the Tournament UIC.

If so then I understand. What happens if there are significant complaints about the National Tournament UIC?
Old Mon Oct 13, 2003, 06:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You are referring to the State and Regional UIC's then...Not the Tournament UIC.

If so then I understand. What happens if there are significant complaints about the National Tournament UIC?
Couldn't tell you. I've always worked for some pretty good UICs:

Dan Blair
Dave Epperson
Billy Peterson
Walter Sparks