The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Guess who? (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/102982-guess-who.html)

IRISHMAFIA Sat Oct 07, 2017 09:13am

Guess who?

On my flight to San Antonio, I saw a silver-haired gentleman about 6' in height in a short sleeve shirt and sweater vest. He was coming to town for a round or two of golf with his friends.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sat Oct 07, 2017 09:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 1009743)
On my flight to San Antonio, I saw a silver-haired gentleman about 6' in height in a short sleeve shirt and sweater vest. He was coming to town for a round or two of golf with his friends.

Was the shirt white and the sweater vest red, with either the Youngstown State University (or The Ohio State University) logo on the sweater vest? I would find it difficult to believe that Jim Tressel would be in Texas since the Penguins play at the University of South Dakota today at 02:00pmCDT.

MTD, Sr.

IRISHMAFIA Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 1009745)
Was the shirt white and the sweater vest red, with either the Youngstown State University (or The Ohio State University) logo on the sweater vest? I would find it difficult to believe that Jim Tressel would be in Texas since the Penguins play at the University of South Dakota today at 02:00pmCDT.

MTD, Sr.

No, it was not Tressel (of whom I am not a fan) and I, too, doubt he would be flying through San Antonio heading to SDak :)

udbrky Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:42am

I don't know, was it Star Wars?

CecilOne Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 1009743)

Can't be Arnold, maybe Jack, although I think he is taller. :rolleyes:

CecilOne Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:40pm

Or, KR ;)

AtlUmpSteve Sat Oct 07, 2017 01:45pm

My guess is HP.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sat Oct 07, 2017 03:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 1009747)
No, it was not Tressel (of whom I am not a fan) and I, too, doubt he would be flying through San Antonio heading to SDak :)

And why are you not a fan of Tressel?
MTD, Sr.

IRISHMAFIA Sat Oct 07, 2017 04:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 1009756)
And why are you not a fan of Tressel?
MTD, Sr.

Just not a fan of coaches who place the politics ahead of their game. Yeah, I know that is probably half, maybe more, of the NCAA FBS coaches, but to me that doesn't absolve any of them.

He had a player (YSU) illegally accept benefits from a booster. The NCAA cited Tressel and YSU, but apparently took no further since YSU voluntarily penalized itself (scholarships). You think he would learn, but got dinged a second time for knowingly using ineligible players which negated OSU's entire 2010 season.

In 2011, he was suspended for the first two games and fined $250K, again for players making financial benefits from a booster. Tressel was informed of the violations before the season and did not take any action including not forwarding the notices to the school and NCAA.

How someone like this ends up as the president of a university is beyond me.

IRISHMAFIA Sat Oct 07, 2017 04:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve (Post 1009752)
My guess is HP.

Good guess, but I was confident you would get it.