The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   NFHS Test (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/102308-nfhs-test.html)

agr8zebra Thu Feb 23, 2017 01:39pm

NFHS Test

I took our states test on the Arbiter, got a 96:(, anyone get a 100%:D that could tell me which 4:confused: I got wrong?

:rolleyes::cool::confused:

RKBUmp Thu Feb 23, 2017 06:59pm

It should have given you rules references for the ones you missed. Matching those to the questions will tell you what you missed.

agr8zebra Thu Feb 23, 2017 07:03pm

Our state setup doesn't let you review it until the testing period has been completed which is in about 6 to 8 weeks. Thus the reason for my post.

Tru_in_Blu Thu Feb 23, 2017 09:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by agr8zebra (Post 1001003)
Our state setup doesn't let you review it until the testing period has been completed which is in about 6 to 8 weeks. Thus the reason for my post.

And in our state we're allowed to take the test up to 3 times. But as mentioned, we can't review which questions we got wrong until after the close date. This prevents people just re-taking the test once they have all the right answers. A 96 is an excellent score.

RKBUmp Fri Feb 24, 2017 07:46am

Our system doesnt allow you to review the test either until it closes, but when you submit the test it comes back and tells you what the grade was along with a list of rules references that correspond to the missed questions.

I didnt get 100%, but I do know which 3 I missed based on the rules references given.

Manny A Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by agr8zebra (Post 1001003)

WOW! When does your season begin? Our window closes tomorrow. We are only given the month of February, essentially, to take the test, and the window closes before the beginning of the season. If we don't complete the test, we cannot get assigned to games.

agr8zebra Mon Feb 27, 2017 01:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 1001274)
WOW! When does your season begin? Our window closes tomorrow. We are only given the month of February, essentially, to take the test, and the window closes before the beginning of the season. If we don't complete the test, we cannot get assigned to games.

I am in Utah, the first games are next Monday or Tuesday.

As of this typing there is about 4 to 6 inches of snow on the ground from a 10-incher storm last Wed, Thur and Friday. Plus it is snowing with 2 inch of accumulation in the last hour or so.

I think we are so desperate for officials they will take anybody at anytime.

I was able to find out the four I missed, one had to do with the Bat and holes, new rule change. 2 other I was talked out of the right call, never listen to your partner not matter how good you or he thinks he is.

So I have the complete 100% score if some one is interested, you must share your test and score. No 1st look cheaters.

Insane Blue Mon Feb 27, 2017 05:00pm

Our test closed 2 weeks ago.

derwil Fri Mar 03, 2017 02:20pm

First college game here was Feb 11th. High School was Feb 20th.

derwil Fri Mar 03, 2017 02:27pm

First college game here was Feb 11th. High School was Feb 20th.

shipwreck Fri Mar 03, 2017 03:54pm

Our test closes Sept.1.:D

BretMan Fri Mar 03, 2017 04:31pm

Test? Test!? We don't take no stinkin' test!

...at least not after we get certified. After that, there's no state or local requirement for us to ever have to take it again. :)

CecilOne Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:44pm

These are questions I could not find in the rule book:

1 - R1 is on third base and R2 is on first base with one out. B4 hits a fly ball in foul territory near the first-base line. R2 interferes with F3 attempting to catch the fly ball. The correct call is:

2 - If the DP enters the game to play defense for the FLEX, she is considered a substitute.

3 - A pitcher is required to pitch until the first batter facing her has completed her turn at bat or the side has been retired.

Manny A Tue Apr 11, 2017 01:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne (Post 1004699)
These are questions I could not find in the rule book:

1 - R1 is on third base and R2 is on first base with one out. B4 hits a fly ball in foul territory near the first-base line. R2 interferes with F3 attempting to catch the fly ball. The correct call is:

This is very similar to Case Book play 8.6.10E. In your question, the ball is dead immediately, R2 is ruled out for interference under rule 8-6-10b, and the foul ball would add a strike to the batter's count (unless there were two strikes at the time).

Quote:

2 - If the DP enters the game to play defense for the FLEX, she is considered a substitute.

True, per the definition of Substitute in 2-57-1, where it says a Substitute includes "the DP when the DP plays defense for the FLEX". However, it is a bit counter-intuitive because the DP is already in the game, so how can she be a substitute? But the definition tells us she is.

Quote:

3 - A pitcher is required to pitch until the first batter facing her has completed her turn at bat or the side has been retired.

False, per Case Book play 3.3.2D, where the ruling is that the starting pitcher in the lineup card handed to the plate umpire does not have to pitch before being replaced.

CecilOne Tue Apr 11, 2017 03:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 1004703)
This is very similar to Case Book play 8.6.10E. In your question, the ball is dead immediately, R2 is ruled out for interference under rule 8-6-10b, and the foul ball would add a strike to the batter's count (unless there were two strikes at the time).

True, per the definition of Substitute in 2-57-1, where it says a Substitute includes "the DP when the DP plays defense for the FLEX". However, it is a bit counter-intuitive because the DP is already in the game, so how can she be a substitute? But the definition tells us she is.

False, per Case Book play 3.3.2D, where the ruling is that the starting pitcher in the lineup card handed to the plate umpire does not have to pitch before being replaced.

Cool. Looked at every mention of DP & FLEX, but did not think of the substitute definition.

I guess the others mean I'm not good or not patient enough reading cases.