The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Season Over (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/101793-season-over.html)

CecilOne Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:21am

Season Over

My 30th year has wrapped up. Uniforms, gear, etc. are cleaned up and stowed.
I guess I don’t ump a lot of games, down to 120, but I have and I guess always will have a lot of family events, etc. :rolleyes:
I hope the games I did helped the cause.
Thanks again for all the helpful comments, ideas, tips and answers. :D :cool:
CecilOne

BlueDevilRef Fri Nov 04, 2016 08:01pm

After 32 games over six days (fri-sun of two straight weeks) at the stl softball showcase, the last out was the best call I made all year long. It was a welcome end this year. Now on to basketball. Have a great offseason y'all

Insane Blue Sat Nov 05, 2016 01:25am

What is an Off Season??? Here in So Cal we have tournaments just about every weekend and if no tournament then a lot of friendlies.

Andy Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Blue (Post 992708)
What is an Off Season??? Here in So Cal we have tournaments just about every weekend and if no tournament then a lot of friendlies.

Agreed.....My off season here is the week before and the week after Christmas.....

Dakota Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:47am

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 992747)
Agreed.....My off season here is the week before and the week after Christmas.....

I COULD go nearly year-round here in MN as well, if I wanted to. Dome leagues run pretty much throughout the winter.

I choose not to, though, because I prefer the down time. If I lived in TX or Cali or AZ, I would also choose several months of down time.

Here, the time between the end of fall ball and the start of the HS season is just about right (roughly, Nov - March).

DaveASA/FED Mon Nov 07, 2016 01:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 992747)

Rub it in why don't you!!!!! :p

AtlUmpSteve Mon Nov 07, 2016 01:47pm

Quote:

Then why do you even have a local and separate vocabulary as teams talk about going "dark"?

That said, offseason here in Atlanta area is Thanksgiving until mid-January. Hardly enough time to recruit, train, hold admin meetings, etc., all the business side needs of any organization.

3afan Tue Nov 08, 2016 09:11am

July & August perfect weather for down time in TX

Umpire@1 Tue Nov 08, 2016 07:58pm

July and August is good for down time anywhere in the Midwest. Just too hot. So I am sure it is in Texas.