The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Soccer
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Aug 30, 2010, 06:55am
Official Forum Member

Misconduct prior to PK

Fed rules:

A has been awarded a PK. A13 is the designated kicker. I instruct A13 to wait for my whistle verbally while holding the whistle up and pointing at it. I turn and remind the keeper to keep her line and then turn and back to the goal line while confirming my partner is in position (2-man system). As I reach the line, but before I blow the whistle, A13 takes the kick and the keeper saves it.

I shut it down and caution A13 (USB). This is where my quandary is. I don't see anyway under Fed rules to get around restarting with a new PK. The rule is very clear that a whistle is required to restart with a PK (9-1-3) and the IFK for misconduct only applies if another restart doesn't take president(13-2-2l).

Am I missing anything here? It just felt wrong to give them a "second" bite at the apple but I don't see A13's action as a PK violation since the ball hadn't been made ready for restart by the whistle.
Old Mon Aug 30, 2010, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

It's not really a 2nd attempt... considering that if they'd MADE it you'd still be replaying it. Just like the kicker making or missing the FG RIGHT after dumb football coach makes that last millisecond timeout. It's a redo either way - the first kick didn't happen.

West Houston Mike
Old Mon Aug 30, 2010, 02:47pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
By rule, you are stuck with it.
Old Tue Aug 31, 2010, 11:40am
Back from the DL

Beyond that, my state would require A13 to sit down for ten minutes (assuming this is a scholastic game) for the yellow card.
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 10:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
Fed rules:

A has been awarded a PK. A13 is the designated kicker. I instruct A13 to wait for my whistle verbally while holding the whistle up and pointing at it. I turn and remind the keeper to keep her line and then turn and back to the goal line while confirming my partner is in position (2-man system). As I reach the line, but before I blow the whistle, A13 takes the kick and the keeper saves it.

I shut it down and caution A13 (USB). This is where my quandary is. I don't see anyway under Fed rules to get around restarting with a new PK. The rule is very clear that a whistle is required to restart with a PK (9-1-3) and the IFK for misconduct only applies if another restart doesn't take president(13-2-2l).

Am I missing anything here? It just felt wrong to give them a "second" bite at the apple but I don't see A13's action as a PK violation since the ball hadn't been made ready for restart by the whistle.
It wasn't a second bite of the apple. It was the first legal bite of the apple.