The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Soccer (https://forum.officiating.com/soccer/)
-   -   Sumultaneous Cautions to Coaches (https://forum.officiating.com/soccer/28660-sumultaneous-cautions-coaches.html)

refnrev Tue Oct 03, 2006 04:28pm

Sumultaneous Cautions to Coaches

Last night I saw a first. My son's V game was played on a football/soccer combo field (Yuck!) with players and coaches on opposite sides of the field. Dual system of officiating. Home coach on far side is screaming at his near official about non-calls against blue. At same time visiting coach is screaming at his near official about non calls against white. While V coach is bending the ear of his near official, far side gives a yellow to home coach. Unaware of what is happening, visiting coach doesn't shut up and questions his near official a bit too much and also gets a yellow. Ever seen dissent on both benches with 30 seconds of each other?

Nevadaref Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:19pm

Sounds like they called it both ways! :D

refnrev Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:06pm

Funny thing is the near ref is our assigner for our association and he had just made a good no call on contact near the box. As the H coach on far side is getting his card, I hear V coach (my son's team) still "jawing" at the ref. I yell from the stands for him to shut up because his opponent is getting a card. When he kept yacking and got the card I yelled out his name and said, "That was stupid." The next day the assigner called me about a game and I told him he had done a good job. He made some remark about seeing or hearing me from the stands. I don't know if the coach heard me, but it was really stupid.

huh? Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:41pm

that is sad and hilarious story! :D

CecilOne Wed Nov 15, 2006 09:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by huh?
that is sad and hilarious story! :D

Right, it's always hilarious when coaches get cautioned and one is called stupid by a parent/ref and an official does not hear another's whistle. :eek: :o

huh? Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:13am

nah, that is the sad part. :p

the hilarity comes in the irony of the timing, and the idea that both coaches thought they were getting the short end.

thus, for me, the use of two adjectives, noting the contrasting feelings the story gave me.

and what about an official not hearing another's whistle? where did that come from?

CecilOne Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by huh?
nah, that is the sad part. :p

and what about an official not hearing another's whistle? where did that come from?

My misread of:
"far side gives a yellow to home coach. Unaware of what is happening, visiting coach doesn't shut up and questions his near official a bit too much and also gets a yellow".
Like I said, we have to read carefully, even if play is stopped.

Nevadaref Wed Nov 15, 2006 03:07pm

Shakespeare scholars call this a tragi-comedy. ;)

CecilOne Wed Nov 15, 2006 05:05pm

If I remember, I'll try to read this again someday and try to find something funny.

huh? Thu Nov 16, 2006 08:21am

ok eeyore :D