The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Lacrosse

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 05, 2004, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

When I played in the 70's and 80's I remember offside being a team penalty served by the in home. The rulebook now talks about sending the player who is offside to the penaly box. As trail I often see that the team is offside, but I don't know which player was the last to cross midfield. Who goes to the box to serve? The same thing applies to too many men on the field. Any help?
Old Wed May 05, 2004, 02:18pm
Official Forum Member

Simple answer. If you know who it was make them serve it, otherwise go to the inhome.
Old Thu May 06, 2004, 12:36am
Official Forum Member

Have to agree with Snake on this one. It can be a tricky situation trying to determine who is offside. If I saw it happen, I'll put that player in the box. If I look up and notice that "someone" is offside because there aren't the correct number of players, then I'll take the inhome. I had this happen a couple of weeks ago and the inhome was already in the box serving time for a personal foul. In that case, I took the next name in the book and put that player in the box. He REALLY didn't like that and almost earned himself a conduct foul to go with it, but that's what we did.