The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Hockey
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 19, 2011, 12:21pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
OT - Went to a Hockey Game Last Night.......

and a fight didn't break out!

Sat two rows off the ice between the blue line and near circle on the visitor bench side for the Panther vs Capitals Game last night (best seats I've had for a pro hockey game).

Fast, athletic, great skills, few penalties, no fighting, greart crowd, and we won 3-0.

A good night!

If only the CAPS played like this come playoff time......
Old Wed Oct 19, 2011, 12:39pm
Archaic Power Monger

Glad you had fun, sounds like it was a good game for a Caps fan. I've become a regular at the Houston Aeros games (AHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild). Our usual spot is 2-4 rows from the ice on the visitor's penalty box side. The nice part about minor league hockey is those seats are still quite affordable.

I've always been a hockey fan in some capacity but I've really grown to appreciate the game over the past few years.

One thing is for sure, seeing some of the fancy tricks the linesmen and referees have to do to avoid getting sucked into the play sure makes you glad you officiate hoops I bet.
Old Wed Oct 19, 2011, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
and a fight didn't break out!

Sat two rows off the ice between the blue line and near circle on the visitor bench side for the Panther vs Capitals Game last night (best seats I've had for a pro hockey game).

Fast, athletic, great skills, few penalties, no fighting, greart crowd, and we won 3-0.

A good night!

If only the CAPS played like this come playoff time......
Seats close to the ice really underscore:

a) How big those guys are
b) How fast they are
c) How little room there is out there to do what they do.
Old Wed Oct 19, 2011, 08:00pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefWEB View Post
Seats close to the ice really underscore:

a) How big those guys are
b) How fast they are
c) How little room there is out there to do what they do.
a) CAPS, #55, Jeff Shultz was in front of us much of the night - 6'6" and 230. Just huge on skates!
b) Agreed fast and quickl.
c) It would be so much more wide open and a more finesse game if the rinks were bigger. They hit the boards HARD!