The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   General / Off-Topic (https://forum.officiating.com/general-off-topic/)
-   -   Weirdest game thoughts? (https://forum.officiating.com/general-off-topic/38091-weirdest-game-thoughts.html)

Mark Padgett Fri Sep 07, 2007 05:03pm

Weirdest game thoughts?

A buddy and I were talking at lunch time today about what we thought would be the weirdest thing that could happen in a game. He said having all the calls that hardly ever get called all happen in the same game, i.e.: basket interference on a free throw, multiple fouls on shooters, illegal subs, etc. I told him he suffered from a dangerous lack of imagination.

My "weirdest thing" would be if I was working a Texas Low-tech game with Bobby Knight coaching in which he would throw a chair. The chair would then act as a boomerang, come back at him and knock his head off. We would then pick up his head and use it as the basketball for the rest of the game. Since it's full of hot air, it would probably bounce properly.

My friend immediately led me to the pharmacy counter to refill my meds.

OK - what would be the weirdest thing you could imagine happening in a game.

Back In The Saddle Wed Sep 12, 2007 05:24pm

Every time we made a correct call, or no-call, the crowd, the players, and the coaches would cheer for us. Maybe top it off with a real banger of a block/charge that goes against the home team, and the crowd goes nuts applauding the call. After the game we hustle off during the standing ovation to our comfortable and spacious locker room where there are fresh towels, drinks, and a thank you note signed by both teams.

Hmmm, maybe I need meds as well. :D

26 Year Gap Mon Sep 24, 2007 09:53pm

A blarge is viewed by all in attendance as the absolutely right call.:eek:

Skahtboi Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
Every time we made a correct call, or no-call, the crowd, the players, and the coaches would cheer for us. Maybe top it off with a real banger of a block/charge that goes against the home team, and the crowd goes nuts applauding the call. After the game we hustle off during the standing ovation to our comfortable and spacious locker room where there are fresh towels, drinks, and a thank you note signed by both teams.

Heck. That is down-right Twilight Zone-ish!!!!

JugglingReferee Fri Oct 12, 2007 02:37pm

I once pondered how many fouls could you have in a Canadian tackle football game that had no impact on each other?

One Answer:

Too Many Men - Offense
Too Many Men - Defense
Offside - Offense
Offside - Defense
Facemask - Offense
Facemask - Defense
Illegal Contact - Offense
Illegal Contact - Defense
Pass Interference - Defense
Pass Interference - Offense
and there could be more....

Seriously.

Bearfanmike20 Fri Oct 19, 2007 09:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! OMG.. I'm dying.. LOL

Reffing Rev. Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:04pm

I lost 4 softballs in one living room

Many years ago I was umping a HS JV fastpitch softball tournament. In the 3rd inning one of the gals hit a foul ball out of play behind home across the street, the ball bounced on the porch of the house across the street and the spin put it right through the front window of the house. The very next pitch fouled back through the same window. I thought that was wierd enough. Later in the 4th inning a player on the other team hit a foul ball into that living room. And then in the top of the 6th I lost my last game ball through that window. Real life weird game situation.

Ref Ump Welsch Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:29am

Real life sit in HS JV football. Snap, immediately I've got defensive holding. I throw one flag. A few yards downfield, I've got offensive pass interference. I throw my back-up flag. Incomplete pass. Defensive guy curses at the receiver, who curses back-I throw my hat. Offensive head coach comes screaming out of the box yelling at me to toss the defensive player for cursing his player. I toss a bean bag. My white hat comes over, and just before I can tell him what we needed to sort out, he says "I'm glad you still have the clothes on your back!" LOL