The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Oct 02, 2004, 08:48pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Mick,

We had a great discussion here today about officials not paying taxes and child support. It was started by a new poster named fedup who claimed to be an official's ex wife. Now it's gone. Did you delete it?

A couple of hours before it disappeared, the thread was locked and then became unlocked. Did you do both of those things too.

Unless those actions was your doing, I've a sinking feeling that we were victims of a hoax. As the thread wore on, there was something that didn't smell right. It's unlikely that a brand new poster would know how to delete or lock a thread. I know how to delete one but I don't know how to lock it. Can we do that?

Bob
Old Sat Oct 02, 2004, 10:34pm
In Memoriam

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Lyle
Mick,

We had a great discussion here today about officials not paying taxes and child support. It was started by a new poster named fedup who claimed to be an official's ex wife. Now it's gone. Did you delete it?

A couple of hours before it disappeared, the thread was locked and then became unlocked. Did you do both of those things too.

Unless those actions was your doing, I've a sinking feeling that we were victims of a hoax. As the thread wore on, there was something that didn't smell right. It's unlikely that a brand new poster would know how to delete or lock a thread. I know how to delete one but I don't know how to lock it. Can we do that?

Bob
Yeah, Bob.
That thread seemed funny to me which was why I made my first comment.

Yes, I have the capabilities to lock/unlock, edit, move and delete any thread.
Any user has the capabilities to lock/unlock, edit, move and delete any thread of which they author.

I may have kicked the above, Bob.
Also at the bottom is:
Forum Rules:
Who Can Read The Forum? Any registered user or guest.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered user.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered user.
Changes: Messages can be edited by their author. Messages can be deleted by their author.
Posts: HTML code is ON. Smilies are ON. vB code is ON. [IMG] code is ON.

Just click on some of that stuff. It'll either let you do something, or not.

At the bottom of each thread [on the right] are some choices:
Admin Options:
Open / Close Thread
Move Thread
Delete Thread
Edit Thread

Select one of them.
You will be asked for your name and password.
Moderators and authors of threads will be accepted.

With regard to fedup's original post, you probably know that since I was participating, that I did not touch it.

mick

[Edited by mick on Oct 2nd, 2004 at 11:53 PM]
Old Sun Oct 03, 2004, 06:13pm
Administrator

Mick:

I wish that you would not have deleted the thread because I wanted to know if fedup and filed joint tax with her ex-husband. She was ranting about how we officials are criminals because we do not file Schedule C's and I wanted to know if she was as criminal as the officials that do not file them.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sun Oct 03, 2004, 06:27pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Mick:

I wish that you would not have deleted the thread because I wanted to know if fedup and filed joint tax with her ex-husband. She was ranting about how we officials are criminals because we do not file Schedule C's and I wanted to know if she was as criminal as the officials that do not file them.

MTD, Sr.
Mark,
I thought this was quite clear.
  • "With regard to fedup's original post, you probably know that since I was participating, that I did not touch it."

mick

Old Sun Oct 03, 2004, 08:21pm
    Official Forum Member

Quote:
    Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
    Mick:

MTD, Sr.
    Mark,

Mick did not touch the thread. Fedup was very familiar with the thread deletion and lock procedure. I have been here over a year and I did not know how to do this until Mick explained it to me.

This was fedup's first post according to the post count. However, I would bet that fedup was a longtime poster who was scamming us in some way although she made a post denying it. (The post has since been deleted.) Either that or she was a longtime message board user in another forum who was familiar with this software. Maybe she deleted the thread when she saw posts by Windy and recognized her ex.

Who knows? It was a good thread. From my experience, there are a lot of women out there in her shoes. As I explained in the thread, there are a lot of officials who are shortchanging the IRS. She was dead on there too.

Bob