The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 23, 2003, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

I recently worked a hockey game where an official was a coach. He didn't like how things were going so he told me that he would call the assignor and let him know. "I'm gonna call NAME" and did so rather loudly. I ejected him.

I think that this falls under a threat, but I get the feeling that most consider this just garden variety verbal abuse and nothing more.

Further to this, once my Dad was officiating, two days after a windstorm has ripped apart our roof. The insurance adjuster that was coming out to assess the damage was playing in the game and said "I'll get you tommorrow" clearly in reference to that. He got a suspension as well as a letter of reprimand from his professional association.

The physical threats are easy, but these ones are a little more nebulous. What are your thoughts?
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I think if you feel threatened, then you're being threatened. (That's what we tell young women, isn't it?) Report inappropriate comments to whoever has authority over the person involved.